Saturday, January 5, 2013

Que viaje

I've heard numerous friends mention how... not sure how this works, but something about affirmations and manifestations.
"It will manifest because I thought it so!"
Stuff like that.

I've never been one to give a fuck about "affirmations" or "manifestations," but I can agree that when I'm being a NegativeNancy, things tend to worsen. Also, when I wake up with a positive attitude, and SMILE, the world--for the most part-- smiles right back.

So... umm... I guess I'll make a list of places I'd like to visit before this year comes to an end.
Maybe if I "think it" hard enough, it'll manifest and I'll get to do what I love so much: travel.
And keeping in line with superstitions, or whatever this might be, let's make it lucky 13... because that number has always been a fantastic number to me.

Ok, so... before December 31st, 2013, I will have visited... and even had a magnificent time in:
1. San Francisco.
This one is happening... so fuck it, let's add it. It's not cheating-- it's being realistic. I need more fucking REALISM in my life.
2. Los Angeles.
The end of the month will mark one year that I haven't visited this place. I dig it... regardless of how often I shit-talk this place.
3. Boston.
COME ON, Beantown! You've been on my list for SO LONG! I MUST visit. NO excuses.
4. Chicago.
Fuck this place. Seriously. But... my sister's there... so... I have to go all the way out here in order to see her stupid, ever-so-lovely face that I miss so dearly. Bitch. I'll just wait until that despicable snow melts away. FUCK snow.
5. Juarez, CH, MX.
My bro has been asking us to go visit him for nearly a year now. He'll only be there until November... after that he returns to DC for a few months... like... 11. He thinks we're not proud of him for living in this WIDLY dangerous city... but that's far from the truth... we just shit bricks thinking about having to breathe there for longer than twenty minutes.
6. Washington DC!
YEAH, BOY! HELL YEAH! I ADORE this city. It's SO fucking dope, and there is SO much to discover each time. I'm excited just remembering my brother will move back here before the year's over. Man, I missed this place!
7. San Jose, CR.
I miss my babies! They're so huge now! I go to the store and buy these girls shit all the time. I have a stash, my "CR Stash" I'm already planning on filling my suitcases with for my when I visit these lovely humans again. Must return this year... MUST.
8. Cancun, MX.
I promised my godson I'd visit him. So far, this one seems like the one closest to actually happening. Time frame is mid-February, since my Dad was a jerkwad and booked a Cuba trip for March 4th. He doesn't return until mid-March... and that's like... Spring Break time. I DON'T want to deal with that fucking retarded crowd. Ever.
9. HOMETOWN, MX.
God... it's terrifying, but I really, REALLY want to return. I also sort of promised my friend I'd be her bridesmaid this summer. That would require me to head out there. Dear lord.
10. Mexico City, MX.
This city has been on my list for over a decade. I HAVE visited the airport twice... with layovers that were each well over three-hours long, but I never saw the sights... besides what I spotted from the plane. So much history and culture is here, I don't think I can last longer without finally giving it the proper respect and attention it deserves.
11. Barcelona, Spain.
Now here come the lofty plans. I HAVE to return to Europe. I have to. It's been five years. I'm overdue for a visit... especially now that I can fit properly in their stupid barstools.
12. Paris, France.
FUCK FRANCE! But... I have to return. I have to give this place another shot. Everyone I know has had a wonderful time here... and from what they tell me, people are sweethearts. It'd be great to learn I didn't waste four years of my life learning about these people.

And now for that wild 13.
13. Berlin, Germany.
JC has been asking me to finally visit him... and I... well, it's a hard sell. Not knowing a lick of the language of a country I'm visiting freaks me the fuck out. I managed to find my way around Italy because of my orchestra knowledge... and Italian music and movies I've always listened to... but German? Yeah, no. I know the words "nein" and "Schwarz"... where will that get me? Yeah, I know they are nice and speak English to idiot tourists like me... but that only makes me feel like an asshole. However any time I spend with JC is always a wonderful time. That crazy kid knows how to make me laugh, how to get me to be outgoing, and when to be "classy." I'm sure he'd make my visit memorable... and I'd hopefully come out of it alive... he IS crazy after all.

No idea if I'll do all these trips alone... I trust I can handle a good few with just me and my charming smile.
Feel free to sign up to be my travel-buddy at any time. I think I'm pleasant... as long as we don't get lost... or I'm hungry. That turns me into a giant monster.

1 comment:

Mooney said...

The manifestation thing was a joke on The IT Crowd. I believe they were poking fun at Scientology. I didn't know that was a real thing...?