Thursday, June 17, 2010

Fightin' Irish

Drunk by 1PM.
Carne Asadas everywhere.
Mariachi music blasting.
Devastated French people.

Heaven... simply heaven.

I'm having a ball making fun of all my Mexican friends who talked trash about Mexico.
Suddenly, after this game, they are all either Chicharito or Cuauhtemoc fans.
Prior to this, they'd bitch about 'temoc being too old (even if he brings experience to such a young squad. That little hunchback gives the team such an unbelievable boost in morale when he comes in), Chicharito being a girl (girl or not, that kid was signed by Man U. A Mexican at Old Trafford!), and how "Mexico should stick to what they're good at: novelas and drug dealing!"

Now, they "knew all along Mexico was gonna kill it."
Get the fuck out of here.
But whatever... one must learn to live with bandwagon-ers. I'm too stoked about Mexico kicking France's ass to care too much.
Not only do I have beef with that country for personal reasons (Paris 2008, which I never fully explained on here and now I refuse to because the memories still upset me), but their squad is the most intensely hated squad on my list.
They weren't legit in getting into the World Cup in the first place... that Henry hand was bullshit.
I'd like to think my boys avenged the Irish, with whom I sympathize because my family's Irish in spirit: Notre Dame, baby!

You're welcome, Ireland. I just wish we could all get drunk and make fun of France together!

No comments: