Friday, June 11, 2010

Way to make an impact!

My brother has officially beaten me to stardom.
Ok, I never aimed for stardom- I shy away from anything that resembles attention.
But anyway, my brother made it on international television today by appearing in the background of a Spanish news show syndicated in the US and numerous Latin American countries (Primer Impacto).

He's spending the summer in South Africa, interning at the US embassy, and so, he gets to do the most unbelievable shit!
While last summer he spent it in DC being one of Hillary Clinton's secretaries (at one point being responsible for divulging the news of MJ's death to news groups), this summer he lives in Durban and gets to travel to multiple World Cup matches. Lucky bastard!

Anyway, he's rocking a white US soccer team jersey... the only dude with a US jersey, actually, and he's also drinking this huge Heineken. Luckily, he's not making an ass of himself... he just looks like hes really enjoying that beer (until the very end, before it cuts off... he makes a horrible thiz face).
Being his nearly-twin sister (ok, not really, he's a year and a half older than me, but we're still pretty in synch), I can tell he's thinking "Oh my God... I'm really here!" because that's his "Oh my God... I'm really here!" face (the last frame). Here are some stills from the video: 

Anyway, I was having a relatively shitty day, and this tiny action made me giggle from 3 in the afternoon until... I'm still smiling!

I love my brother... he's so fucking awesome!

"Just an army boy," HA!

No comments: