Monday, June 21, 2010

Pub D

I wasn't planning on watching the Portugal game. I had made the decision last night, since it was 3AM and I was barely getting into bed. I was going to sleep until 11 AM, in time for the Spain game... not any time earlier.

Wish not granted.
I woke up at 5 in the morning to my mom doing her damn mariachi scream... then her knocking at my door.
"ARE YOU WATCHING THE GAME?! You can sleep in peace now... they're 2-0, Portugal has it in the bag!"
Thanks mom... I'll try.

Curiosity killed the cat, however, and I turned on my television.
I planned on watching the rest of the game in my room, but after hearing the rest of the family in the living room, and remembering that the TV there is four times the size of mine (i.e. better view of Cristiano Ronaldo. You're retarded if you think I'd pass that up), I decided I was going to get a little decent and head out there.

In the middle of putting on a t-shirt, mom runs in and opens the door on me.
"AAAAAJUUUUAAAAA!"
"What the fuck, Mom?! I''m changing!"
"Another one!"
"I don't care!"

The woman was more excited about the damn game than I was.
I was irritated, but then more goals came... and of course... there was an abundance of Cristiano smiles... and poof! all my anger/irritation vanished.
Then I started feeling bad for the NKoreans. It was a freakin' massacre.

I tried staying awake for the Chile game, but once I saw the goal, I went back to my room, into bed, and left the TV on.
When I woke up again, I saw the Spain game was about to start, so I dashed for the living room.
I had not realized my sister's friends dropped by to watch the game, turning the living room into... pretty much a pub.
I skipped into the living room... barefoot, in my mismatched pajamas (black wife beater with "patch-work" shorts that shouldn't even be considered shorts- I've seen underwear bigger than that. But it's hot, give me a fuckin' break)... with my hair all fucked up... and last night's mascara making beautiful raccoon patches around my eyes.
Sweet.

I lost my hearing, felt my face get hot, and excused myself, self-banished to my room for the remainder of the game.
That will teach me a lesson about running freely in my house in shitty pajamas!
Good thing Spain won (although they could have scored more than twice. Missed penalty, Villa... really?!), or else... I'd be thinking about moving to the other side of the world, and deleting my FB for good.

Now Mexico tomorrow.
Uff.
Please, make it a winner, boys!!

No comments: