Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Tasty

I've never had a nickname that sticks for too long.
Today, my friends have found me a new one, that I hope follows in this tradition:
Sabrosa.

No, not because I look good (Sabrosa means "tasty" in Spanish, the feminized version. Thus, like any good Spanish word, it serves well for double-entendre purposes... construction worker double-entendre), but because I have such a hissy fit when I hear the Univision futbol announcer pronounce Portugal's Simao Sabrosa's name.
The man literally has an orgasm each time he has to say "sAHHHbrOHHHsAHHH."
There is no way you can convince me that man hasn't busted a nut saying it...
It annoys the shit out of me.
He's just one of those damn people that won't let a joke go. Someone laughs, and we're all doomed. He beats it to death until someone gets the urge to go strangle the moron.

So, people know this irritation of mine, and now they're spamming the hell out of my phone with "Sabrosa" texts.
Makes me giggle, but I just hope no one hears them call me this in public... 'cause I'm as tasty as battery acid.

Yet another thing I have to thank the World Cup for (ah! but there are positives! It gives me an excuse to talk to Darcy. And we all know how pre-teen I turn with that subject. I won't lie, I've clapped like a retarded seal a couple of times already. I'm lame, I know, shut up... I can't help it... I'm a girl... and it's Darcy, come on! That's the one dude I allow myself to get retarded over... he's so legit... and dreamy, and funny, and smart, and... Ok, I'll shut up now).
Thanks, man.

No comments: