Friday, June 25, 2010

Rhymes with BAGS

I dreamt Mr. Darcy had taken up smoking.
I've never been so distressed. Yeah, I know, how lame of me, but smoking is the biggest deal breaker... I don't care how hot the guy is. Sure, I have friends who smoke, but I met them when they were already smokers. If a friend takes up smoking after meeting me, I tend to keep my distance.
It baffles me how such a stupid, gross addiction would be taken up by anyone nowadays, knowing the damaging effects to both the smoker and the people around him/her.

Anyway, back to the dream.
Darcy got along perfectly with my most annoying friend... which didn't make matters any better.
They would complete each other's sentences, and Darcy would use this fake, annoying voice, which freaked me out.
"Don't say that, weirdo! And why are you using that voice?!"
While I gave both my friend and Darcy a ride, they sat in the back and talked dirty to each other... did I mention my annoying friend is a dude?

This is the type of shit I've been dealing with this week-- weird, vivid dreams involving people I know.

What the hell is going on in my head? ... but I have to admit: even after all the smoking, flirting, and weird-vocalization... it was nice to see Darcy, even if it was only a dream.
I blame yesterday's poem.

1 comment:

Native Minnow said...

I had a dream that woke me up at 3 a.m. yesterday morning, and couldn't fall asleep for another two hours. I won't go into it, but it was very upsetting. Isn't it stupid how we can get so worked up from things conjured up in our own subconscious?