Monday, March 12, 2012

Hard-earned

"You don't know how ANGRY it makes me that I have to spend MY hard-earned money on YOU!"
Yet another phrase I get to add to my "Painfully traumatizing hurtful words spewed at me" list.
Looks like "Que no te haz visto en el espejo?!" has some company.

I've said it multiple times, and I'll reiterate it until I'm blue in the face: punch me, slap me, beat me, whip me... do as much physical damage to me as you like. I'll get over it. We'll be cool once the dust settles.
But say something cruel to me... and I may forgive, but the words will forever resonate in my heart.
I try not to give words so much power... but they're the worst weapons anyone can use on me-- it's the insecure teenager in me... the insecure toddler.


I don't know whether to laugh or cry... it's just such a fucking joke how my happiness lingers for a few short hours. Someone... something out there just isn't cool when I've smiled for too long... it sits wrong with him/her/it.

There are definitely past lives, and I was definitely a horrible, horrible person a COUPLE of times.
That's the only explanation I can find.

No comments: