Monday, March 12, 2012

La Prole

Yesterday's phrase was not uttered by the usual suspects: my folks.
I would have been less hurt had they been responsible, because they'd be correct in being irritated with footing my bill for the last 27 years of their lives.
No, no, my sister was the one who blurted that shit at me.
I was shocked over her rage... because I was unaware of her EVER paying for my shit.
After clearing shit up (looks like she has payed my phone bill a few times--because Mom has failed to deposit money in her account to make up for my share of the bill--we have a family plan), the argument ended in me writing her a six-hundred dollar check, flinging it in her face (I have a flair for the dramatic, in case you haven't noticed. When I get heated, ain't no Housewife of Atlanta that's got shit on me), and demanding her to "DEPOSIT THAT SHIT! DEPOSIT THAT FUCKING SHIT NOW! AND DON'T YOU EVER FUCKING COMPLAIN ABOUT HAVING TO PAY FOR ME! ENJOY THAT FUCKING MONEY! HAVE A FUCKING BLAST, D!"

But like I said, we worked the majority of the kinks... just a tiny hint of resentment remaining.
Then this morning, as I sipped on my morning tea, I saw D walk into the house, swollen-eyed and sobbing.
Me: What the fuck, dude?! What the hell happened?
Sister lost it and began to wail. I had to listen carefully to pick out the words from the sobs.
D: I was at the gym. And saw. Twiggy's mom. And I was going to say hi. And we were working out side by side. I thought she didn't see me, because she didn't look at me. And so I thought "Hey, I'll just say hi to her in the locker room." And so I went to my usual spot at the locker room. And Twiggy's mom was weighing herself. And I was taking out my stuff. And Twiggy's mom's towel was right next to me. And then she grabbed the towel. And walked away. She...

D starts sobbing HELL OF violently.

D: She acted like I was a stranger. A total nobody. A fucking piece of shit. She belittled me. My best friend's MOM! The lady who has ALWAYS been so kind to me. She made me feel like such a piece of shit... a nobody... not worth a second of her time.

My gut hurt for a minute. I felt so sad for D. 
Twiggy might have always been a frivolous, self-centered cunt her whole life... but her mom had always been a sweetheart. I mean, she'd call D to go to her house each time she cooked something she knew D liked.
Poor D.

Then I felt rage.
Twiggy and D have had a falling-out these last few months due to some things that went down the day of the Jay-Z/Kanye concert.
It's a long story, both girls at fault-- in my opinion-- but definitely not something that is irreparable, at least not until TODAY.
After this gym locker-room bullshit, I'd kill the friendship. 
Absolutely. Irrevocable. Definitely. Terminated.
God knows what Twiggy told her mother, but the moment that lady decided to enter the mix--become so involved, in such a fucking childish manner (REALLY? The cold-shoulder? How old are you again?)-- was the moment this friendship fractured for good.

A 24-year old WOMAN, getting her mother involved? What the fuck is that shit?
I've known of the drama, yet I've still remained cordial with Twiggy. Shit, on my birthday, I even thanked her for her well-wishes and told her I missed her. 
I've stayed at the margin. The fight has been none of my business.
It WAS none of my business... but it became MY problem the moment my baby sister walked into the house sobbing, swollen-eyed, and humiliated by Twiggy's MOM.

Back in '05, I did something very shitty to MY best friend. I was responsible for some serious tears.
I'm sure her dad and bro saw her. I'm sure they felt the same rage I did the moment I saw my upset baby sis (Kelley is the baby sis of her household, after all)... yet, each time after that in which I've bumped into them, they've been nothing but cordial with me.
And in that scenario, I was HORRIBLE. My sister WASN'T horrible at all... she has been quite fucking understanding, actually... yet here you have this fucking grown-ass woman acting like a goddamn six-year-old at recess.

So what did I do? I told MY momma.
Mom, being MUCH MORE level-headed and chill, just shook her head... and proceeded to have a great laugh with me at the cost of Twiggy's ENTIRE family (La Verdulera, La Cha-Cha, El Peon, y el Criminal)... as well as D's ex-little crew (La Prole... as in "The Proletariat"). My mom's a fucking pistol. She is sharp-tongued... and comes up with the best fucking combacks within seconds. 
I love that little lady when she's pissed.

And like that, I totally recovered from D hurting the shit out of my feelings.
Blood's thicker than water, homie.

2 comments:

Chases Winters said...

I hope this seals it/makes a permanent move from Twiggy. Your sister is way better than this (and I guess it explains why Twiggy is the way she is.. if her mother pulls that..kind of stuff.)

AnoMALIE said...

yeah. I'm crossing my fingers this finally beat the idea into sister's head... well, more like OPENED HER EYES.

We thought the same things about Twiggy's mom. Apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Pity :/