Tuesday, March 6, 2012

The power of doodles... and Brooklyn

Certainly I've mentioned my doodling habit. It's all I do, really... since the moment someone had the terrible judgement to hand me a writing utensil.

Doodling got me through high school, and undoubtedly college. Had it not been for doodling, I would have spent my entire college career asleep in class.

My favorite was when I'd get a friend to join me in the doodling. I had some great collaborative work from some of my best friends.

Well, some nerd has made my dreams come true, and now there's an app for that. As in, I can now doodle with my friends using the handy dandy iPhone (I love you, darling, I really do. I'm sorry I waited until 2011 to cave to your advances... you beautiful thing you. But FUCK Siri... she's still a racist, condescending cunt).

I've spent the last few days breaking into very loud laughter in the middle of parking lots, grocery stores, baby showers... all because of my friends doodles. It's quite fun.
And that easily, a smile has returned to my face.
I'm a happy girl... quite obvious with the progression of my doodles:

can you feel that poor doodle's pain? Poor little guy.

Can you guess which doodle was the last one I did there?
I felt SO guilty... but come on!

Yes, Tupac is of Asian decent in my mind.
I was unable to screen-cap my favorite part of that last doodle, the "West Siiiide!"
Speaking of Tupac, I officially have a new favorite shirt... which would be my All Time Favorite Shirt, would it have my man 'Pac instead of his... arch rival:
I now understand Mom and her hatred of my "ugly" hands.
They're mad veiny... all manly 'n shit.
I'm sorry! Just think of your good times with him, 'Pac! Peace and Love, lil' homie. Plus... you gotta admit, Brooklyn's pretty fucking dope...

Good times.

1 comment:

Kelley Karas said...

Richard would love that drawing of Pac. His favorite person ever, apparently.