Saturday, March 31, 2012

Gordita IV

Ahh! I need more time!
I don't care if this counts, or if it's cheating, point of the story is, I'm storing this entry as the last one for the month of March, even if I technically wrote it up on the 1st of April.

Part IV.
The positive and negative.

Had anyone told me five years ago that there were negatives to weight-loss, I would have scoffed.
How the hell can there be any sort of negative reaching such a massive goal?

Well, while it is pretty rad to fit in normal clothes and all that girly shit, there is an issue.
They mention it plenty of times on television and all those weight-loss shows. I learned of it in histology and mammalian physiology: skin. Lovely, fantastic collagen and elastin. Mmm. Fickle little sons of bitches. Definitive motherfuckers.

I've known that rapid, dramatic weight loss results in saggy skin... I mean, come on, deflate a balloon de un chingaso ("suddenly") and see the result... how the latex looks... if it doesn't burst, of course.
While I don't feel I was "enormous" I knew the chance was there if I went too fast.
I honestly tried to avoid this with all my might.
What was I going to have to resort to? Muscle. Build muscle.
You stretched your skin to the breaking point, deal with the consequences, pendeja!
And that's fine, since I've never wanted to be rail thin. A Clydesdale can never be an Arabian (oh snap! Did I just recall information from that infamous giant, green horse book I checked-out from the library all throughout elementary school? Fuck yeah I did). I've never had a small frame, and it was futile to resist my body type.
The only dainty thing on my body has always been my wrists, that's it.
So... while I'm not perfect, muscle it is:
Consider me dead if these get on Facebook.
The thighs and arms that can feed a couple of large cats.
I'm sure it comes as no surprise that PLENTY of people DON'T like muscle on a girl.
I want to be fit... but I don't want to be bulky, ya know? That's why... I'll just be over here, on the cardio machines. Cardio. Cardio. CARDIO!
I hear that shit ALL. THE FUCKING. TIME.

This leads me to another negative to the weight loss:
I'm hell of proud of my muscle... that shit was HARD to gain... and while I'm in NO WAY ashamed of it, I've encountered plenty of hate from others due to it.
Ew! Please don't flex! That shit's gross.
Women should not have muscle.
I like my girls soft. (Like your dick, I assume?)
etc etc.
To that, all I have to say is:
The only man who think a woman should NOT have muscle is an insecure, weak man.

Not too many dudes I've encountered like buff chicks. Dudes in my family? Yeah, not fans... well, my lovely godson is... and that leads me to the positives.

Love and support.
I am OVERWHELMED... completely at a loss for words, when it comes to the kind words directed my way from my friends and family.
I know I said I had folks hating... and while they're still there, the ones who have stepped up have... really, truly touched my heart.
It's insane, really.
Kind of scary.
I freak out because I stop and think about how dark and abysmal my existence was exactly a year ago... (no, really, remember last year my cousin got married and didn't put me as her bridesmaid and I was also cropped out of my FAMILY photo with the bride? That kind of shit only happens in sitcoms with titles that contain the word "Ugly")
Today, I've seriously been one of the happiest girls on the planet. I literally have a bounce in my step!
All the words, every single one, I keep in my heart, and fuel me.
i am proud , you are in realy good shape that is some serious dedication to your training congrads madrina. keep up the exelent work
eso si son cojones madrina no chingaderas not many people can do that!!!!!! everything is posible when you realy want it!
You're FUCKIN' AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sooooooooo happy for you \0/!!!!!!!!!!
But this is really inspirational (at least to me). You took something that effected you negatively and made something positive to yourself out of it. I hope you are really proud. I am proud of you :)
I am so proud of you!!! That's dedication!!! Shit, work it!!! 
Damn girl you be killin em
Congrats! So proud and happy for you! I admire you!

Those words help lean the scale, BIG TIME, to the positive.

I always knew I had the best people around me.
I fear I don't have enough time on this earth to ever fully repay them for the large impact they've had on my life.

Goodness gracious... I'm a positive person!

No comments: