Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Klutzy McKlutzenstein

Klutzy day...
1. 11AM.
Sprinting full-speed on the treadmill.
Ok, that's fine.
And then suddenly having the lights go out.
Not so fine.
Damn near took out my knees with that shit. My heart also beat erratically for a few moments.
GOOOOOOD morning, Las Vegas!

2. 12PM.
Kettle Bell swings.
Fun! Seriously.
Underestimated distance between left knee and kettle bell.
Chriiiiiist all mighty!... who needs sesamoid bones, anyway? (I DO!)
Luckily, I banged the knee when the swing was on its way down, which I do as gently as possible. Still, 35 pounds bumping your knee at any speed sucks.

3. 5PM
Interlude.
Time for some Lent Penance Service.
Church was empty, especially when it came to English-speakers... so I went ahead and confessed with my favorite priest: the foul-mouthed Nigerian, Father Innocent.
All was good, I even made him giggle...
Then came time for my penance, my sentencing: Seven "Hail Mary"s AND seven "Our Father"s.
Holy cow! I thought we were cool, Father!
Looks like someone wasn't a good girl (Father Innocent has NEVER given me penance... and now to drop SEVEN of each prayer on me? Sheesh. Way to make me feel like the spawn of Satan)... wooooops.

4. 8PM
Green tea time!
You are so damn delicious!
I drink approximately six 20-ounce mugs a day... because it's so damn delicious.
Everything was fine and dandy, until I reached in the cupboard for a brand new box of tea. The box was stuck to the box it was resting on... and that box bumped a glass jarful of saffron. SAFFRON.
Needless to say, the jar broke... as did my heart... and I lost about thirty-bucks-worth of the damn fucking spice.
I carefully sifted through the broken glass to try and rescue the remaining bits... which I DID.

Overall, the day could have been considered a failure... but there was a major saving grace.
This bad boy:
"Single scoop" of Orange frozen custard.
Lord... I love this place.
I only did what the cone asked me to do.

No comments: