Friday, December 6, 2013

Love and Detached

I am more in love with this city than ever. 

I've bonded so much with my brother... Not because I'm telling him so much, but because I'm listening to him and watching him interact with others, and I'm in complete awe of him. 
He's still absolutely, irreversibly in love with Alo. His music library tells me the sad story of his heartbreak. 
I see so much of me in him...
My heart is shattered for him. 


Mario kept looking at me yesterday as we ate at a restaurant. I would not look up at him.
"What's wrong? WHO is doing this to you? You're sad... You're... Broken... But this isn't something, this is someone." I stayed silent, fought back tears, and looked down at my food. Without uttering a word, I took a deep breath, shook my head and shoveled a piece of sushi into my mouth-- my eyes set on the candle located in the middle of the bamboo table.

It's a trip to hear my loved ones say the same thing each time they see me for the first time in a long time.

I am broken. I am distant. I am dead. 

No comments: