Friday, December 27, 2013

Outta the way, you!

I guess I should probably elaborate on yesterday's post, now that I have time.

Since I arrived in San Miguel de Allende, the groom's brother became my companion. I didn't really notice him, despite the fact that he was pretty much my shadow.
I noticed him on Wednesday, when we all went to these underwater baths, and he was on my end of the cave (it was a very long cave with pools on both ends, one pool was inside a cave, the other overlooked this amazing cliff).
He wouldn't move. He just sat there in the pool (it was warm as fuck. It's a hot spring). Then they turned on a waterfall and he got up to stand under the stream. JESUS! His body was AMAZING. And he just stood there... Looking like some fucking god... While I stole glimpses of him like a total creep.
After we left the water, we had tilapia ceviche in the caverns... Where I once again noticed he was one person away from me... And it's when I started paying close attention that this homeboy was always near me. 
A couple of us were tired, especially since we were comming down with a cold, so we decided to call a taxi to take us into town.
Originally it was going to be my sister, our cousin, that cousin's cousin and his four year old son, and me. But then the groom's bro tagged along.

In town, it was just us... And we decided to stroll the town's streets.
He once again never left my side, and he kept asking me to do little things for him.
Little flirtations.
Then yesterday we went to these... Traditional Durango pre-wedding celebrations, and he put on the charm HARDCORE.
He grabbed me as I stood by the wall (I was staring at the roosters) and made me dance with him. This was in front of his entire family (I'm related to the bride, and only four families from her side are present. He has a minimum of at least 20 families on his side), so I obliged without protesting. 
The music is... Banda. Loud and fast. I've never danced to the beat... well, not seriously or in front of a crowd... So there I was at his mercy.
Jesus... Was he good. And strong. And sturdy. And... smelling of onion-y tacos. Did I mention he was strong? Yeah, fuck the smell of tacos, I held on to him as he twirled with me for five minutes. His legs were MONEY-- strong and muscular and awesome. He dipped me to the floor three times, all three times making me squeal with both fear and delight (weird, I know... But GOD!).
He also swigged tequila twice... That was nice. 

Then his family made us pose together and took a photo of us as if we were some celebrity couple at a red carpet event.
This whole time homeboy is gripping on to me as if he were rock climbing or some shit. (Again, no complaints here... His hands were awesome)

The night continued with some bull fighting... And we were then given a thirty minute recess to change into dress clothes for a weddig anniversary.
This is where my sad/angry post came in.

At the dinner, I noticed homeboy constantly staring in my direction. I'm all blushing and shit thinking this dude is sprung on me-- you know, 'cause I'm hot as fuck (but not nearly as much as I am DUMB AS FUCK). 
After dinner, the dance began.
Homeboy giddily walked to my table.
"YES! Dude! Score! Fuck! A hot young dude digs me enough to parade me in front of his entire snobby family!" I VERY IDIOTICALLY thought. 
What happened next?
"Gabe (my cousin I've been hanging out with this entire trip) come out and dance, buddy!" I hear Homeboy say. 
Gabe looks down at me then back up at homeboy-- who was standing directly behind me-- and shakes his head no.
Then I see another young dude invite the girl next to my sister (who was sitting between us) and then my sister gets up.
Homeboy asked MY SISTER.

I wanted to cry SO BAD. So instead of being the LOSER GIRL sitting ALONE at her FRONT TABLE, I got on my phone and wrote the blog entry... no tears on my face, just a smile... my usual cynical smile.

Turns out Homeboy had wanted my sister all along... apparently wanted to butter me up to make way for the actual reeling in of my baby sister, the hottie.

And that is how I'm always a fucking idiot, and why I prefer to avoid people. 
And why I HATE allowing myself to feel any sort of idiotic "pretty" thing for anyone.

I'm a fucking idiot.

No comments: