Monday, September 17, 2007

Mi Papi, el Gringo

Starting today, I now have two gringo parents.

First it was Mom... who became a U.S. citizens back in 1997, much to Dad's chagrin.
I have no idea what happened over the course of ten years (a lot), but this year he started getting interested in finally becoming a U.S. citizen (plus, he committed some frowned-upon things in his earlier years--nothing to do with drugs or anything along those line, just to clarify-- which required a presidential pardon that he recieved a while back... yeah, I know, My Dad required a Presidential Pardon... my Dad's a badass) .

Then today, Dad finally went and pledged his allegiance to this country.

All I can say is: Finally! Dad won't be able to use the line of "No officer, I'm the only wetback in this family..." when questioned by U.S. customs officers every summer.

That was growing to be unbearably embarrassing.
My Dad has the weirdest... sort of messed-up sense of humor in the family.

4 comments:

Native Minnow said...

A presidential pardon? I'm extremely curious.

AnoMALIE said...

You know how some things should never be mentioned on the internet? I think this safely falls under that category.
But I wouldn't be adverse to telling the story in person.

It's not as cool as you might think, though... no mafia or gun fights were involved (but hey, the state of Utah was).

Mooney said...

Oi, congrats? lol.

I heard about the whole Q phone thing with mi prima. Has it calmed down?

AnoMALIE said...

Wait... did she tell you?

Things cooled down... mainly because we reasoned shit out with her (like the fact that even if I keep the plan I'm on now, it won't come near the price my parents are paying for her trip to Spain... not by a long shot).

I still get P.O.ed when I think of her calling me spoiled though... because it's a load of bull (and I'm getting worked up again just thinking about it)