Sunday, September 30, 2007

Neighhhhh!

I tripped (not literally. I'm using slang here) earlier today while watching Univision.

While I do talk mad shit about beauty pageants... I always catch myself glued to the television whenever we're talking Miss Venezuela and Miss Mexico.
I'll watch the Venezuela one because a lot of those girls are ridiculously gorgeous.
I'll admire the beauty... but I'll mainly point out areas they got "fixed" (more than half of them have breast implants, and about a fourth have nose jobs. That to me is CHEATING because they don't have "natural" beauty). Nothing like pointing out the faults in some of the most beautiful chicks in the world, right (ok, I also watch because I really, really, really like the Ball Gown section. I secretly love ball gowns, there, I said it)?

Anyway, I'll watch the Mexico pageant for other reasons.
Since I feel so Mexican, I have this horrible attachment to my parent's home state, Durango.
Every single year I've watched this pageant, it seems to me that the Durango chick is always one of the ugliest chicks present!
Over in Mexico, most of the chicks that make it to the pageants are "socialites," "elites," "douchebags," you know, whatever you wanna call those jerks in the upper class who look down upon the more humble folks.
These elites, while rolling in the dough, tend to have very bad genetics because they produce some god-awful offspring most of the time.
That seems to be the case with Durango.
So I'll watch the Mexico pageant and scream at my television once I catch a glimpse of the Miss Durango chick and complain how 80 percent of the chicks from my part of the state (who aren't "elites") are forty times prettier and could hands-down take the Miss Universe title (ok, maybe just Miss World) if chosen.

Anyway, I was ready to do that again this year... but I was so stunned, that I shut my trap and watched the screen with a gaping mouth.

Who was representing my Mexican state?
Her:

She's my first cousin's first cousin (understand? She's cousins with my cousin because their Dad's are brothers, I'm cousins with my cousin because my dad and her mom are brothers).
I was shocked because when we were younger... we didn't get along too well.
She was quite annoying and really hyperactive. Whenever my cousin would be with her, my cousin would be hyperactive as well.
That in turn, would annoy the hell out of me (because I'm more of a relaxed, calm child), and we'd get into arguments/shoving wars.
When we'd argue, the first thing that would come out of my mouth would be "Horse face!!"
(However, once we reached our teen years, she calmed down a bit... we became better acquaintances... and I never called her "Horse Face" again)

So here I had Horse Face posing in the skimpiest bikini (now that I think about it, in 2005 I saw her in a similar bikini, but her photo was on a huge billboard in Mazatlan) out of all the contestants... and I found myself screaming.
Yes. I was screaming her name.

I'm now a fan... I suppose... and I find myself more into this pageant than I'd like to be.
I'm also baffled by the thought that this girl could get this far in the pageant world.
No, I don't think she's ugly... she has a very interesting look. She reminds me of that chick that was on America's Next Top Model a couple of seasons back who posed as a fish once.

Lesson learned: Don't ever call anyone a horse face.

Go Dulce!!!!!!

No comments: