Friday, September 14, 2007

Only Child

Say, AnoMALIE, what are you going to be up to come 2008?
-Umm... I'm going to... umm... I guess I'll take the GREs... umm... work on my portfolio... and umm... I think that's all
(I'd love to tell you about my Go-Go Dancing Master Plan... but that might freak you out a little... or just get me a lot of negative attention from your behalf).

That's all?
-I guess I can turn 23 if I want...

What will your brother be up to?
-The fucker's gonna live in London from January until around May or June.


What about your sister?
-The lucky biatch is gonna be living in Bilbao from around January until maybe May or June.

And you're going to be... taking exams... and working on a portfolio... in...???
-I'll be livin' the life in Vegas... waking up at noon and sometimes not even going to bed.

Yes. It's official.
Both of my siblings will spend the first half of 2008 living in Europe while I mope around the city of Las Vegas.
Fantasssssssssstic!

However... I can't be too sad just yet.
I might be able to catch up with my siblings around February... maybe I'll wait until March so I can spend my birthday with Mom.
I have to wait until October to make my final verdict.

Hmm... to be alone and sad in Vegas... or be alone and sad in Europe?

(If you would have asked me what I thought I'd be doing on my 23 birthday back in 1998, I would have never in a million year guessed I'd be pondering whether or not I was going to spend it in the U.S. or some European country alone. I think my response would have been something along the lines of "I'll be super in love with my fiance and he'll have this great night planned for me." Haha. Ah, yes, what it was like to be poor, young, naive AnoMALIE...)

3 comments:

Mooney said...

So mi prima got the phone call?

AnoMALIE said...

Phone call?

I have no idea how it happened... she just did the whole
"I'm going to SPAINNNNN!!" thing and had all this paper work to fill out.
Way to make me feel like a loser.

Mooney said...

Well that's good for her! Now I wish I were going to Italian.