Monday, April 21, 2008

I did what?!

Yesterday, while I was in the midst of one of my many Wiki-addiction episodes... I bumped into a word I knew I had heard before, but couldn't quite figure it out.

"Catacomb"
Ok... I knew I had heard that one before.
I clicked.
It mentioned Rome.
So I clicked...
Then it mentioned how Via Appia "along the part of the road closest to Rome, one can see many tombs and catacombs of Roman and early Christian origin".

Via Appia... Via Appia...

Then I remembered:

Of fucking course.
That was the road our Hotel was on... the one we had to cross in order to catch the bus into Rome... the one we walked a couple of times... where I even went to the grocery store.

Fuck, dude, I swear... we get so worked up and nervous, we tend to take our surroundings for granted.
I travelled Via Appia and didn't know its importance.
Fuck.

1 comment:

TravelinDin said...

i dont get it....lol jk

ps; like the pictures of my apartment? i shouldda taken another one when lazara got back and decided to "cook" and not clean....they got the point now that i dont do their dishes or bought toilet paper the whole weekend :] good thing i had a few rolls in my room huh lol