Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Employment

Me: I got a job offer today...
Dad: Really?!
Me: Yeah... and it's biology-related, too.
Dad: That's great!
Me: Yeah... and I didn't even apply for it... the guy just called me up and said he was giving me an "over-the-phone" interview because he got my information from... I think he said this one lady that came to the job fair two months ago... but I never gave her my number... they must really want me.
Dad: Oh, wow...
Me: But... the job's in Salt Lake City.
(Moment of silence)
Dad: Look... I'l pay you not to take the job.


AHAHAHAHA!
My Dad's hatred for SLC amuses the shit out of me.
I mean, the job offer story is totally true (Chase gave them my info)... and while I'm not really interested (well, if this offer would have been made in September, I'd probably be game just to see what it's like, but not now, when I have a wedding to attend and my godkid's high school graduation in June... and of course, my Mexico trip as well. I'm not giving that up for anything in the world) I just told Dad the story because I knew he'd flip (I just didn't do it as he was eating, but rather, as he was peeling prickly pears).

Dad should really chill out.... it's not like it's FRANCE or anything.

No comments: