Sunday, April 20, 2008

Ooops moment(s)

Shit... I just noticed one of my cousins is engaged... she's been engaged for 10 days now.

Ooooooops!

She commented a couple of my Europe pictures... and I just pressed the "comment back" option on one of them, answered one of her questions (now that I think about it, I suspect it was a ploy for me to visit her page and notice she's now engaged... but I'm too cynical to pay any mind to a main picture that contains a rose and diamond ring in close proximity--fuck, I'm a retard), and ended with
"What have you been up to?"
She wrote back:
"Awesome! Que bueno... "

Which made me think "Ok... you didn't answer my question..." and there's nothing in this world that irritates me more than someone not answering one of my fucking questions (motherfucker, I went through the trouble of inquiring about you... do you know how special that makes you? Come on now! I don't talk to everybody, I'm like the elusive... mid to late 1990's Macaulay Culkin... in a female version... without his slight creepiness). I don't make small talk... I'd rather make no talk.

Anyway!
I was going through... I think it was my comment, and I looked once again at her main picture.

No shit.... is that... a... that better be a "the store was having a 'Going-out-of-business' sale so I bought you this" ring


I went to her page, realized my error... apologized repeatedly... then feigned excitement... well, not entirely, since I am happy for her, but deep down inside I'm also screaming "FUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHCKKKKKKKKK! I'm gonna die a spinster!!!!"

God... another wedding...

Anyway, in order to forget this somewhat uncomfortable ordeal, I have a funny anecdote from my travels:

In Rome, while walking down a small, crowded street, a man was walking toward us.

Clemson: Look! A Mormon!!
Me: They're in Rome?!!? Where?!
Clemson: (pointing) Right there.
TravelinDin: That's no mormon...

What did this guy look like? (I would have probably forgotten about this had I not bumped into a group of Hasidic Jews last night)

Needless to say, TravelinDin and I laughed for a good five minutes... constantly pointing out people that would MORE likely be Mormon... i.e. anyone else.
Clemson didn't find it as funny.
(Turns out, Clemson's never met a Mormon... she'd just heard that "they're weird" and found this guy "weird enough." Alright then... someone doesn't watch South Park...)

4 comments:

Mooney said...

SO SHE IS GETTING MARRIED?!

AnoMALIE said...

it's not who you think... heh heh... didn't mean to rile you up.
She is from my dad's side, she's just not my first cousin.

Native Minnow said...

You're right, someone needs to watch more South Park.

;-)

Unknown said...

My ex girlfriend is a Mormon.

Fuckups, they are.