Wednesday, April 16, 2008

When in Rome... Part I

Ok, Rome time:
We spent 3 days discovering Rome, so I'm spreading the stories over 3 days.
Here's what happened on day 1.

On the plane to Rome, we sat next to the hottest guy ever... sadly, he was accompanied by his very touchy-feely, incredibly ugly boyfriend.
We weren't sad over the fact that Handsome Boy was taken by a dude, but the fact that he was taken by an ugly person.
Anyway, our plane landed at somwhere around 12PM? I can no longer remember, it was so long ago (not really, I just have really bad memory as of lately). We were immediately helped by a really attractive taxi driver guy... who found us a guy who would take us to our hotel.
He was very... he... well, he tried flirting... but it was like flirting with a wall.
He dropped us off at our gorgeous hotel, that was about 3 minutes away from the airport, and charged us 30 Euros... the fuckhead. I know for next time: flirt with the motherfucker!

This is where I almost get a coronary:
Turns out, TravelinDin and Clemson made reservations at hotels... but only for 2 people... meaning one would have to sneak in here, and in Paris.

What the FUCK?! I follow rules, retards! I'm not about to sneak in to shit. How fucking old do you think I am?

I was so pissed over this piece of information, I told them they were going to have to fight it out between themselves to see who'd be the other person to check in... because in both occasions, I was definitely going to check in at the Hotels as a guest.

Clemson then said she was going to be the other person checking in at this hotel, since her credit card was the one being charged for our stay.
Once we were getting closer to the check-in desk, TravelinDin and I started feeling guilty.

Me: Dude, fuck this shit... we'll just ask them to add another person to our room... we'll pay them on the spot if we must.
TravelinDin: Yeah, let's do that... I don't feel good about sneaking in.
Clemson: You guys worry too much...everything will be fine.

So we go, check in... TravlinDin is about to ask to please get added to our room when Clemson interjects:
"Oh, she's not with us! She's just helping us carry our bags."

Well, FUCK YOU, you cheap cunt!

TravelinDin just stared at me and shrugged.
The guy at the front desk knew what was going on, but he was being nice and didn't say a word.
We were given our ONE key, and we headed to our room to freshen up for our first day in Rome (see, it was about 30 minutes away from ROME Rome, so we had to ride the bus, to the metro into the city... therefore we saw it best if we were clean for that lengthy ride).

As the girls freshened up, I took pictures of our pretty hotel:(That vineyard would look cooler if covered with leaves...)(HDT is sitting on top of my favorite treat: Nutella!! I was going to bring some, but it was one of the many things I forgot last-minute at my sister's apartment)

Anyway, once everyone was ready, we headed for the bus stop, which was situated in the middle of the freeway... and we waited.
Once we saw the bus, Clemson asked "Does this takes us to Rome?"
The cool bus driver looked a little confused... so she asked again... he was still confused... so TravelinDin said "Roma?" and he nodded and told us to hop on in.
The ride was smooth... we saw little towns... then we were dropped at the bus station.
Clemson then asked the bus driver what we were supposed to do from there.
"Metro's down there..."
So we go down into the metro... and become even more confused. However, Clemson remembers that the Metro is actually pretty good... so she goes to a window to ask for a ticket.
TravelinDin was smart, and read a flier that mentioned the 3-day Tourist Pass for 11 Euros.
So, we purchased 3 (not before Clemson thinking what a great idea it would have been if we would have only purchased ONE and used it amongst us three... which once again... made me fume at the ears... and made me want to kick her repeatedly in the uterus... to prevent any more cheap rats from being born into the world. Why the fuck do you travel if you don't have the fucking money for it?!? SHIT!!).
We rode the metro to the very aptly named stop: Colosseo.
This was the first thing I saw when we exited the metro: Saaaa-weet, right? Well, I wasn't as amazed, because I was still pretty pissed about the whole "I just realized I went on Spring Break with the world's biggest cheapskate! Jesus Christ, please help me and keep me from smothering this bitch in her sleep!" realization.

Anyway, as we explored the coliseum and the arc that's right next to it, our tempers cooled... and we headed for the forums:(You can't tell, but the damn sun fucked up my picture... although, I shouldn't complain... that sun made the weather be around a nice, toasty 80 degrees)

This was to my right: (TravelinDin.... I'm immitating that one artists that blots out people's faces using brightly colored circles... like what we saw at the Guggenheim and Tate's Modern. Haha, anyway, this was the entrance to the garden of a very old church that had some very pretty "stations of the cross" carvings.)

This was to my left:
(The actual forums... blocked off by giant gates... to prevent cheapskates from getting in without paying. This was actually the exit)

The only cheapskate that could get in without paying was HDT:

We then decided we were going to visit the Trevi Fountain, eat "the best gelato ever," and call it a day (plus, we had no idea when the last bus ran... so we wanted to play it safe and actually catch a bus before it was too late).
So we walk around the Forums:
And head toward the fountain (I would have taken pictures of more monuments... but for some reason, italy thinks it's a great idea to have every single thing under construction... and hence, it covers the building with a very stupid white plastic sheath... fucking up all pictures).
On our way, we note that Italians are very... tactile people. So friendly:

It made me a little sad to notice the distance between TravelinDin and me... and we're siblings... where's the love, right?
Almost everyone in Rome walked holding another person... weird... cute weird.
Anyway, we finally reached our goal of finding the fountain... We purchased some souvenirs... bought this famous gelato (I had three flavors: raspberry, lime, and mango)... sat in front of the fountain... ate our gelato... people-watched... avoided the gypsies... thought "Fuck... gelato's vastly overrated"... then headed home.

Day one in Rome over.

3 comments:

TravelinDin said...

you forgot the part where we ate granola bars for dinner because of SOMEONE! grrrrrr thanks for reminding me about that shit!

last night everyone asked me about spring break. guess clemson's roommate (who i haddnt talked to since the last day before spring break) asked if she was cheap...i made a sour face and answered his question. pretty sad everyone knew but ME! lol

AnoMALIE said...

Dude... en la que te metiste... vas a ver, Stinky is going to go and tell Clemson.
I would have answered "She... is careful with her money, I suppose."

Sour face, ni que sour face... ya le van a ir con el chisme.

Cuentame, como se encuentra smarty-pants? Still shaving? Or is he back to that ugly beard thing he had going on?

Native Minnow said...

Can't you just get the same thing by going to the Forum Shops at Caesar's?

(kidding)