Friday, October 7, 2011

Good, good life

I have not looked forward to sleeping-in this badly in a very long time.
Feels fucking good.
I'm exhausted from starting my last three days at five thirty in the morning, "working," and then finishing my day with two-hour long sessions at the gym.
I'm gonna sleep like a fucking baby tonight.
I will resort to violence if anyone wakes me from my slumber.

I'm also giddy because for the first time ever, I've pre-ordered something. Since I'm in DESPERATE need for a new iPod (seriously, D and one of my trainers were inches away from starting a charity, the "Get AnoMALIE a new iPod" charity, embarrassingly enough), and my phone contract is up, AND I'm due for a phone upgrade, I pre-ordered the iPhone 4S.

The workplace is fun. I've reached that level where I couldn't care less what the job entailed (repeatedly stab my thumb with staples? Fiiine! Get binder-inflicted paper cuts all over my hands? Who caaaares?! Stare at a computer screen for eight hours? I do that at home, for freeee!), because I actually really like my coworkers. They're funny and sweet... and have awesome taste in music... and they don't care when I sing along or dance along to some of the songs.
Though today I did encounter Typhoid Mary... guy's a sweetheart and ALWAYS down to help me when I'm too confused (which is often. But I've noticed all I have to do in front of guys is LITERALLY bat my eyelashes and they will do ANYTHING for me. It's fun, but it also makes me feel guilty as hell.... I'm one of those girls... Christ! I'm confused and don't understand how guys get so weak-kneed with a simple smile/batting of eyelashes from a chick. I can't wrap my head around that shit) but I'm PRETTY sure he had some sort of stomach flu. Pretty fucking sure. And I felt sick as hell until about half an hour ago.
The price of having fun.

I don't know... life is pretty fucking good right now. I can't explain it, but I'm sure as hell going to ride this one out with the biggest smile on my face.
Oh god! And I even had a tiny slice of pound cake AND one of those new Snickers "Peanut Butter Squared" candies... oh yeahhhh. Hit the spot like you have NO idea.

I'm a happy, slightly-ill girl.

No comments: