Sunday, October 9, 2011

Running, running, as fast as we can

I tried my damn hardest all weekend to keep the smile on my face.
I DID smile, and I WAS happy, but I've spent most of my time dealing with the growing alien embryo in my gut.
I can't eat a single thing. Everything feels like shrapnel wreaking havoc in my intestines. Even doing something as simple as drinking water makes my stomach panic.
What alleviates my pain for a couple of hours? Running. But it's not like I can be running all freaking day.

Speaking of running, Rafa ran the Chicago marathon today. Though I didn't mention it on any social networking site, I'm DEFINITELY proud of my brother. He finished the marathon at 11:31:31 AM, after running for 3:51:13, with a pace of 8:50 a mile. That's fucking remarkable, especially considering it's his first full marathon.
My brother's a fucking BOSS... motherfuckin' Forrest Gump over here... and I love it!
So, knowing that, I managed to continue with the smiley faces.

AND I continued to smile even if one of my "could have been"s got married yesterday.
We never worked out because I was reluctant to get into a relationship... because school was in the fucking way, as always. We made each other laugh with ease, we had a shitload of things in common, and hey, we were physically attracted to each other like crazy.
I'm actually very, very happy for him and his new wife. She's a gorgeous, sweet girl, and well, he's an awesome dude who I've never seen happier. I'll always applaud sincere happiness.

Good times had all around... even if I'm more than eager to abort this motherfucking alien embryo that cripples me with pain.
I'm going to diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiie!!! 
Ok, it's not that bad. But I won't lie, it does make me whimper like an injured puppy.

No comments: