Monday, October 24, 2011

WHAT am I DOING


There's a heaviness in my chest... I haven't been able to shake the sense of sorrow I acquired on Saturday.
I seriously have to sit there and battle with my rib cage so it can allow my lungs to expand.
I haven't said much... I haven't smiled.
I went to bed at two in the morning last night, and reluctantly rolled out of bed four hours later.
I went through the usual prep before work... but once it was time to go, I just stood in front of the giant mirror sliding doors in my room and watched the tears roll out of my still-swollen eyes (I guess I should mention they were like that because I had spent the night crying).
What am I doing? WHAT am I DOING?!
I kicked off my shoes and crawled back into bed.
I rolled into the fetal position, closed my eyes, and blacked out.

I woke up two hours later to a text from Musketeer.
Are you coming in today?
I told him I was feeling sick (which was also true. I've been fighting a cold for a few days now. My tonsils swell every other day), but I'm sure it irritated him... especially since I wrote back two hours after he had sent his text.
I don't blame him if he feels like shaking me around, out of frustration... I wish I could do that exact same thing to myself.

This is what happens when I spend so much time and effort trying to convince others I'm ok.
I come apart at the seams and completely collapse.

2 comments:

Kelley Karas said...

If you need to talk I am here. ALWAYS.

AnoMALIE said...

Thanks Kelley.
I think it was just the accumulation of things: The LA trip wasn't stress free, per se, sine we arrived half an hour late to the exhibition, and we had to beg to be allowed in. I was furious and upset at the same time.
Then the artwork was so touching... it rocked me. Brought up a load of buried feelings.
Then there was also the dread about going to work. Thinking about dealing with that catty woman stresses me the fuck out. I'm her freakin' whipping girl and the worst thing about it is that I don't even know WHY.

But I'm better now. I just needed that day of absolute rest.