Friday, October 28, 2011

Sing me a song

There's a joke going around the office.

I chill with the plebes... you know, the scanners.
There are three dudes who are... managers? I don't know what their actual titles are, I don't care to ask.
These guys show up in suit and tie... all dapper and shit, right?
Two are married assholes, and one is an adorable young, single dude.

These guys drop by time to time to check up on our progress. They're pretty douchey about it.
The cute guy is douchey in the sarcastic sense. He's borderline-prick... takes a minute to realize he's only joking.
ANYWAY.
This joke began yesterday.
Whenever Cute Douchey Manager and I are in the same room, the other two managers start to sing.
Now, if I were better versed in classic Americana... as in, old school english music, I'd know what song it is.
All I really know is that the song says something like
"I'm tired of being lonely" and something like "I want you to love me" or something like that.
I tend to go deaf from embarrassment, so I don't really catch on.
Anyway, if we are ever in the same room together, these dudes will bust out the song.
EVERYONE is in on it. They giggle.
I sit there, uncomfortable... my face hot as hell.
Is this ethical? WTF?


Apparently the guy has a crush on me, and I'm... too aloof to give a shit.
More like too AWKWARD.

The guy's a cutie, don't get me wrong, but he's... not my type. He's kind of cartoonish, if that makes sense. Not an ugly cartoonish... just... not someone I'd see myself with. He's a blondie... who blushes.
He's cute. That's as best as I can describe.

So, whenever I hear the song, all I can really do is smile sheepishly and act as if my current task is a life or death situation. Paper becomes EVER SO interesting... and my eyesight becomes legally-blind.

AnoMALIE, porque no eres una niña normal?!

No comments: