Saturday, February 4, 2012

Friendly February

"Friendly February"
That's what I'm calling this month.

Today, I decided to increase the kindness factor, and I donated to two charities. Yes, broke-ass AnoMALIE donated to charity.
Now, I'm of the "Don't let your left hand know what your right hand does" mentality, but I'm just mentioning it here to keep track of how hard I'm trying to go back to the kind, caring version I used to be.

I must say, donating feels pretty good.
First my hair (ok, so I cut that shit back in July, but it wasn't until Friday that I sent it out... yeah, yeah, I'm a procrastinating idiot. Like with my unrelenting stubbornness: I get it from my momma), then some cash... come Monday, I'm going to donate my clothes to Safe Nest.

It's my form of apologizing to the world for being such a self-pitying asshole this past year.

Only four days in, and I can feel the difference-- I was dancing in my car, for fuck's sake.
These acts of kindness are helping me forget that my heart really looks like this:
My "29 Days" submission for today.
The word was "smoosh."
Too easy. Too revealing.

I'm well on my way to sainthood... now if only I could do something about this potty mouth... though I'd work so hard at being a saint, I'd make them overlook the fact that I curse every other sentence. 

No comments: