Thursday, February 2, 2012

Every time she closed her eyes

So what was the verdict? Six more weeks of winter or something like that? I'm Mexican... we don't do this shit.
I can, however, relate to the movie "Groundhog Day." That was pretty much my 2011.
But I won't let it be that way this year. I won't live in a perpetual Groundhog Day... no matter how often I hear Coldplay's "Paradise."
I had never paid attention to the lyrics until the other day, and I started to cry... right there in the gym's parking lot... like the overly-sentimal loser that I am.
But seriously, it's like Chris Martin read my diary and wrote that shit for me:

When she was just a girl 
She expected the world 
But it flew away from her reach so 
She ran away in her sleep and dreamed of 
Para-para-paradise, Para-para-paradise, Para-para-paradise 
Every time she closed her eyes 


When she was just a girl 
She expected the world 
But it flew away from her reach and the bullets catch in her teeth 
Life goes on, it gets so heavy 
The wheel breaks the butterfly 
Every tear a waterfall 
In the night the stormy night she'll close her eyes 
In the night the stormy night away she'd fly and dreams of 
Para-para-paradise Para-para-paradise Para-para-paradise  


And so lying underneath those stormy skies She'd say, "oh, ohohohoh I know the sun must set to rise"

But it's February... it's 2012... I'm not going to be sad and mope around the house... or in my car.
Curse you, radio!

2 comments:

Kelley Karas said...

People hate on cold play.. But they do write fantastic songs. No hate here...

AnoMALIE said...

Same here. Granted, I get irritated with the overplaying of some song ("viva la vida" or whatever that one is called) but anyone who writes something as touching as "Fix You" or "Paradise" could never garner my hatred... ever.