Tuesday, February 14, 2012

La 69

I have zero intention to hate on this day... regardless of how many things of this nature I may bump into:
So. Hard. Not to be. Cynical.
I find it somewhat off-putting to see so many people hating on it.
I've taken to celebrate this day like any latino does:
El dia del amor y la AMISTAD.

Celebrate the homies. The family.
Don't hate on those who have found love. It's not worth the energy.
Plus, enjoy the motherfucking CANDY!

How did I know I shouldn't hate today?
Why, this was the number the DMV assigned to me the moment I walked in to renew my license:
Shit would not work out for me like this even if I were to plan it...
I saw the number when I took a seat and I couldn't stop smiling.
You're so silly, Universe. So silly.
When my number was called, a couple of young-ish people snickered... including myself (off-topic-ish: I just realized I was rockin' a red purse. I had no idea I was being so ridiculously festive. I just grabbed the nearest bag as I was leaving my house).

My mood has been lovely since then.

No use in harping on the sad memories... or lamenting over how I'm going to die a lonely chinchilla lady (the more I think of this, the more I realize this is going to be highly unlikely... the "lonely" part, that is. I mean, what does a person do when he/she realizes someone in the neighborhood owns a chinchilla? He/she gets the urge to VISIT the chinchilla... 'cause those motherfuckers are soft and fucking cute. The moment people realize I own MULTIPLE chinchillas, they'll be knocking down my door. My place will be a fucking amusement park. No chance in hell for me to be lonely). Bitching about it isn't going to change shit.

Single Awareness Day?
Only if you make it so.

Thanks for the love, thanks for the smiles.
Anyone who has ever been responsible for making me feel this, I celebrate and appreciate you.

Paz, amor, y amistad.

No comments: