Friday, February 3, 2012

Photo February

Christ!
I had the most insane dream last night... and now that I re-read yesterday's post, I hell of understand why.
The dream was "insane" in that it was so wildly amazing. The moment I woke up, I immediately became bummed out because I figured it had never happened... and that it definitely wasn't going to happen.
But shit, it was beautiful.
Sure, it made me curse my brain for creating that fictional life... but after my disappointment-induced rage, I proceeded to thank it for the good time... then I asked it never to do that again.

Anyway,
Part of this February mission of mine... you know, my search for happiness and whatnot, is taking a photo every single day of February.

In January, I added a photography-related app, which is meant to make you post a photo a day and it keeps track of your photo on a calendar. I was informed of its existence halfway through January, so I was already failing at that.
On Tuesday, in my infinite road-trip boredom, I checked out the calendar app. Seeing my empty little calendar saddened me, and prompted me to get disciplined to do what I had set out to do: post ONE motherfucking picture a day.
This reminded me of my abandonment of another photography-related app: Instagram. I had the app since October because my sister was on my case about it, but I didn't pay attention to my account until Tuesday's LA trip. What can I say? I do weird shit when I'm bored.
In my snooping, I noted my friends were doing a "photo a day" deal for the month of February... and a list was involved.
Well, fuck! If they're going to tell me what to photograph, I'll join. Half of my fucking work is done-- the most tedious part, actually-- the brainstorming!
Then I noted a problem: a couple of my friends were doing a different list.
AH FUCK! I like this list as well!
So what do I do?
I overachieve and do BOTH ("overachieve" mostly because I'm an impulsive imbecile who just jumps into shit without a second thought, then instead of backpedaling, I go off and do both things).

This moment of impulsive discipline has reminded me how much I adore photography... and more importantly, how it makes me feel: Happy. Complete.
I hadn't felt that shit since High School, when I was first introduced to photography.
I can't describe the feelings it brings up in my being beyond: it's like a motherfucking lightbulb is switched and a light turns on in my heart...
Corny, but it's the truth.
Shit even has me reposting my photos on my Twitter... and I loathe sharing my "work" because I'm so shy about it (don't ask me why. I just am. I can't help but feel stupid. Always have), yet there you have me... showing a bunch of faceless folks my shenanigans.

This photo-stint of mine also made me realize:
FUCK! I LOVE MY iPHONE! THE motherfucking SHIT!
Like how I tried to hide the fact that my E-string is missing?
I'm such a bum!
Seriously, iPhone, you're going to make my head explode with joy.
You can't even tell I snapped that as I looked for dog food at Walmart!
Needless to say, I'm a happy girl right now. I'm smiling a lot... and once again utilizing the creative side of my brain...
and it feels SO. GOOD.

Happy Friday, corazones!

No comments: