Saturday, June 23, 2007

I need my Mommy.

Shit.
I didn't know the extent to which 1408 freaked me out until this morning.

Apparently it reached the level of "freaked the fuck out" because last night I had horrible nightmares that looked very similar to what went on in that movie (just add my dead grandpa crying my name out in pain and there you go). That's the first time I experience something like that since... Chucky (you know, where the kid's running around in the toy factory. That shit freaked me out to no end when I was a kid. I guarantee you will never get me to go inside any factory... ever).

Yeah... next time it's I Love My Sister Day, I'll make sure to force Little Sister to watch a "sweet" movie.
(No, I won't. I'm always on the look out for truly creepy movies. Glad I found one that messed enough with my head to make me cry in my sleep. Yessss!)

Anyway, I told Mom about the nightmare... bummed her out.
So what did I do to cheer her up?
Well, she has a thing for the circus. Something about it reminds her of her childhood.
Dad shares this love for the circus (well, he did grow up in the same town as Mom).
I, on the other hand, kind of sort of hate it. Zoos and circuses make me sad (say what you will, but those caged animals don't look like they're having the time of their lives), but since both parents love this thing, I found them some tickets for the circus.

This cheered Mom up... a lot, actually.
If she wouldn't have been so glad, I never would have let this escape from my mouth right as Mom and Dad were getting out the door:

Mom: Ok, Mija, we're leaving to the circus!
Me: Alright Mommy, I hope they don't keep you!

Sure, it made Mom swat at me... but there's no way I would have let an opportunity like that slip (unless, of course, she was pissed and anything with the possibility of becoming a projectile were in sight).

Come one, come all! It's the incredibly small woman, with super-human strength, and the ability to make her daughter piss her pants with just one glare!

Damn, dude, I'd definitely have to charge people to see that.

3 comments:

Mooney said...

Aww how cute!

I haven't seen 1408 but I heard it was pretty good.

Gah, boy drama is making me upset. Se me va ir el novio!!! :[

Mooney said...

I know what you're saying. I dunno if I'm going to come back anymore...I'm thinking of perhaps going out of state for school...or moving period. I dunno..my dad ended up offering me to rent the old house.

Unknown said...

1408 rocked!! I love any John Cusack films, though.