Monday, June 4, 2007

Takin' it back (the AnoMALIE way).

Well, the clan has lost yet another member.
It's from Mom's side once again, but this time it was one of her first cousins from her Mom's side. The Garcia's (Yep, I too have that--most popular Latino last name in the U.S.--in my group of last names. I'm special enough to be able to go back to about my tenth last name) are now one more member short.
(Not all members are present, but that gives you a nice clue behind how many folks are part of the Garcia clan)
Shit, how things change in 3 years... although I seem to have remained the same. I'm in there somewhere... part of the Black Crew. Oh, how you could tell we're related! Well, except for that blonde chick. I always look at her like "Dude, you're related to me? How? You're gorgeous!" (not that my family's ugly. She's just movie-star beautiful)
Her family's the most attractive family of us all. I have crazy stories from each time I visit them in North Cal (maybe that explains their beauty). I'll just say the first one that comes to mind: the first time I saw them in ten years was absolutely traumatizing (this was... 2003 maybe, and it was my aunt's 80th birthday. Red lights should have gone off right there). Since I'm a girl, I look around the place and start picking out the cute guys from any party. Well, I only found two guys to be totally hot. They both had blue eyes, one was sort of geeky with black hair, the other was skater-ish cute with long-ish, curly, golden locks (when the latter came into the room, I swear I saw a bright burst of light as a light breeze played with his hair. I almost heard angels singing it was so bad ), and they were both pale, you know, white. I thought "Man, I love it when people bring their friends to parties! It gives me people to look at!" Well, the time came when auntie went on-stage and thanked her family for the party. She then called them up on stage by name. Guess who went up there... BOTH guys. Once I was informed of our relation, I screamed "But they're white boys!! I'm not supposed to be related to white boys!" Then I wanted to hide the rest of the night... as well as knock myself into a coma so that I might forget some of the shit I was thinking.

Anyway (let's forget that tangent), now I'm debating whether or not to go to the funeral... I didn't really know that guy, or his kids, since he lived in Yuma, Arizona. It's kind of weird to show up out of the blue like "Yo, sorry I never made it out here during the happy times like when y'all had your 50th wedding anniversary, or when that one girl had her Quniceañera, but I'm here to see y'all cry with grief." Plus, Arizona isn't a state I really enjoy visiting in the summer... unless it's me going through it to get to Mexico, then I gladly say hello to the place.
We'll see.

It's obvious that today hasn't been so great. Aside from that bummer of a newsflash... I also almost vomited today after eating sushi.
Yes. It appears the me-liking-sushi thing is now over. There was a Blue Moon in May, wasn't there? That explains it all.

Today, I had a Tootsy Maki roll...
(ain't that a cute bag? The Starbucks ain't mine. I definitely would have vomited had I drank coffee with the sushi)

and by the time I finished three fourths of the first roll, I told Mom "Get this thing out of my face before I throw it against the wall!"
Somehow, I couldn't get past the "I'm eating crab!" thoughts going on in my head. I kept telling myself "Relax, think of it as chicken... or a nice lemonade popsicle" but I constantly found myself answering back "It wouldn't smell like this!" and "Oh my God! What if I'm eating the crab's arm... or seminal receptacles? Ewwwwwww! Out of my mouth, you animal!"

I think I was dissuaded from liking sushi by a couple of people (I kid, I kid!).
But it's a bummer now that after telling Leky about being able to be his new sushi buddy, I must go back on my word and say something like "Well... do they have avocado rolls there?"

Oh, Ra, I guess... like with (me and) Biology, we were never meant to be.
(If anyone mentions eel sauce, I'm tossing my cookies)

5 comments:

Mooney said...

Someone else died?!

Gah, I'm so far away and have no idea what's going on. No one tells me anything anymore. Did you hear about what's going on with Adrian? I feel so useless!!!

Mooney said...

I dunno what I'm going to do about that kid. That is sooo not like him, he's being uber out of character. I knew he was doing some mota and had a gf but I thought that it was a tame thing. Boy, how wrong I was.

I don't remember the dude, but it still sucks when someone your parents knew dies. I was totally crushed that no one said anything to me when our grandfather died.

Kelley Karas said...

eel sauce! What do I win?

Mooney said...

It took them a day or two. I was pretty mad about that.

I have to go to work and I really don't want to.

Mooney said...

He leaves on the 13th of July and I still will have one more month of hell without him.