Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Plain Jane-- I mean--Juana.

I claim to never really change, mainly because I find tons of evidence behind such claim (all I really need to do is pop open my old yearbooks... or even old diaries to see that yes, I'm a hardheaded idiot who refuses to change more often than not).

Over the past week or so, I've been cleaning out my Inbox and have found tons of e-mails that stir up crazy emotions (I have shit from back in 2003. I never realized aol saved e-mail like that). I get really angry with some, very sad with others... and most just really crack me up like "Why the hell was I saving this?!"
I've found that while my original claim of stagnancy holds true most of the time, I have changed, a bit.

The following e-mail made me think "Fuck, I'm still the same, sort of"... it also made me laugh to see how upset I was over 2 little things.

I did this survey on February 6th of 2006, and this is how much I've changed in 16 months. Comments in the red were added by me today, the other brackets were me trying to be funny or just being verbose... seeing as how I seem to talk a lot on these things without really saying much:

1. Something purple within 5 feet of you?: "Memorex Cool Colors CD-R" packaging. [The packaging is now gone, since we had to open the CD-R's 'cause we burn CDs like mad people--not really]

2. Now something green: there's forest-green construction paper to my right [That's still there. We're not a very creative family, I suppose. Or... we just don't participate in activities that require green construction paper]

3. Your nails were last painted: in September... you can usually tell my mood by how I take care of my nails (right now it's in the "I don't give a fuck... get me out of school" mode) [My nails are once again un-painted after going through a phase where I painted them every other day. I now just apply a clear coat. I last painted them in April, when I was a very happy camper]

4. The weirdest thing you've ever heated in the microwave?: "Carne Seca" which is air dried meat with lots of spices (salt, oregano, pepper, Caribbean chiles)... sick when you think about it (and see it as well), but oh SO good! (plus, I get my protein that way) [That remains the same. Sort of. I was reminded by my little sister of these really cool plastic disks we used to get in our chips back in Mexico in around 1995, where you'd put them in the microwave and they'd shrink to form a tiny, but thick, disk with like... the Tiny Tunes drawn on them. Those were cool]

5. How much Japanese do you know?: domo arigato... that's all [Yeah. Sashimi?]

6. Do you look good in yellow?: supposedly it's flattering for people my skin color, I'm personally not a fan (although I do own 1 yellow shirt) [Bump that number to 5. I like yellow now. Do I look good in it? I don't think so... then again, I never think I look good in anything.]

7. Do you sing?: when alone or in the car [Unchanged]

8. Ever danced in front of a crowd?: yeah, who hasn't? I mean... there are plenty of weddings... concerts... quince's... tons of opportunities. [Now I can add "Gym" to the list]

9. Do you ever spit?: like a camel. I've gotten pretty good (I've donned myself with the nickname "phlegmy Noemi"). [Ha. I had forgotten about the nickname. I still spit like that though. I should probably get that checked, too]

10. Is your hair long enough to chew on?: long enough for me to put it under my armpit as well... ha. [A tear silently rolled down my left cheek as I read that. Man, I miss my hair. At least I can once again chew it if I please]

11. Least favorite color?: brown. [Hm. Now I don't discriminate. I can't hate the brown... HELLO! I'm down for the brown seeing as how I AM BROWN. I'm an imbecile sometimes]

12. Ever had Dippin' Dots?: nope, I don't put money to waste like that. [Still a no... and still for the same reason. I would never spend money on it, and I would never accept anyone else spending money on it just so I could try some. Hooray for normal ice cream!]

13. Ever played an instrument?: well? I guess the violin. For the hell of it I've done guitar and piano. [Oh! I've also played the accordion--so much fun-- the Bass, cello, viola, saxophone, flute, recorder, xylophone--I hated it, especially the nutcase music teacher who'd force us to play it during the entire month of October because supposedly it sounded "creepy"--, and a drum pad! Never well, hell no... but I have played them... even if it was just a stroke or whatever]

14. Ever had a H2O massage?: no... those people that offer them creep me out. [Still holds true. I don't like massages of any kind, really. I'm ticklish and I hate feeling ticklish]

15. Do you believe in bigfoot?: I was forced to back in elemtary school... stupid G.A.T.E. [Gah! The memories this question brings back. Stupid G.A.T.E.]

16. Ever been to a palm reader?: nope [Still a no... even if all my friends and family have :( I'm going one of these days, damn it!]

17. Last Pez dispenser you purchased?: I've never purchased one, but I did get a wonder woman pez dispenser in a goody bag when I was like.. 13 [Hahaha! and if only I could have videotaped the drama I went through in order to get the damn goodie bag! Too old to get one... shit. Fuck that, no one's too old for candy! You bastard cheap-skates!]

18. What song is playing right now?: none, but I can hear planes going overhead [And once again, my house is silent and there is no music around here, but there are still planes shaking my house with their loud engines]

19. Did you have a good weekend?: no! I hated my weekend. stupid car. [That weekend did suck. My car broke down and then I was bought a new car without my permission (I know that makes me sound like a spoiled idiot). It sucked because I didn't want (and I didn't feel like I needed) a new car. I wanted to wait until we had time to get the best one out there. Instead, I got gypped with Bambi because my sister was a complaining little brat. Yeah, I got the car because she complained about having to ride in an "unreliable car." It was a 2000 limited edition 4Runner. I loved it :( but it was still taken away]

20. What are you thinking about right now?: my lab T.A. and how much of an asshole he is... fucking bastard. [That son of a bitch. I would of gotten an A in physics that semester... but what happened? Fucking asshole Lab T.A. with a damn attitude problem happened. Cocksucker. Douche bag. Fuck face. Pendejo. Perrrrrrrro!]

21. Have you ever had a black eye?: a mini one [Oh! They're so much fun! Especially when you receive a sport's ball of some sort to the nose... the swelling's magnificent!]

22. How is today going for you?: good if it weren't for fuck face physics lab T.A. [I think of him and I still feel like screaming and punching a hole through a wall. Stupid guy. I saw him this past semester with some sort of girlfriend--I mean, she was holding his old, creepy, ugly, stupid, hairy, chain-smoking hand and everything-- and I thought to myself "That robot's capable of feeling tender human emotions?" Then I corrected myself by thinking "There's a female specimen capable of loving that monstrous excuse of a human male? Someone give me some Dramamine!"]

23. Any plans for tonight?: I need to edit my story and I gotta do some sort of Ecology one-page essay. blah. [Oh, those Ecology essays! I think I aced that one... mainly because the professor grading that time actually liked my style of writing... unlike the other one who would beat the shit out of my writing each and every time. "I don't understand, nor do I like, 'cutsey' intros." But professor, that's how I do! "Too bad! C-!"]

24. Ever take a picture of something that was dead?: flowers. (oh, I'm so goth) [Haha. Indeed, I am. Where's my eyeliner?]

25. Are you ready for New Years?: I can't think that far ahead. [I never plan for New Years. Ever. But that New Years--December '06-January '07-- I spent it angry and semi-plastered. But the following day was pretty cool]

(Apparently, 26 wasn't important enough to add here. It was probably some sort of question on virginity and one of the previous posters erased it out of fear of being called out on it)

27. Do you find Smurfette sexy?: I find Smurfette slutty. and her voice always bothered me. [Still the same impression, Smurfette]

28. Current disappointment: looks like I'm gonna have a bitch of a time in my physics lab for the rest of the semester. [¡Y vuelve la burra al trigo! I just can't drop this subject.]

29. Do you have an air freshener in your car?: not anymore, now that it's "new car smell" *hint to #19* [ I still haven't added an air-freshener. No need, since food and cigarettes are off-limits in my car]

30. Do you have plants in your room?: fake ones. ha. [Not true anymore. I took them down because of a scare I received later on. I'm glad they're gone. I felt like I was living in the jungle at times]

31. If you could drink anything right this second what would it be?: strawberry smoothie... mmm... [I have no clue why I was craving that... since I obviously like cherry/raspberry smoothies]

32. Last piece of mail opened: some sort of credit card offer that I ripped to tiny pieces because that type of mail makes me paranoid (I'm weird, I know it) [And I'm still paranoid about that sort of stuff]

33. Does anything hurt on your body right now? my bottom lip. [Bwahaha. This one could be changed now! I no longer hurt that bad on the lips, since I've cured my chapped lips problem. I have been victorious in that battle!]

34. What city was your last taxi cab ride in?: Mazatlan [Still true. I hate taxi cabs with a passion... and Mazatlan taxi cabs suck major donkey balls!]

35. Last alcoholic drink you had?: Tom Collins at Abi's wedding [That was Oh, so long! ago! That girl now has a baby... and I have had oh so many more drinks (ok, not that many. I've just had a couple of shots and mojitos). No, I'm not an alcoholic... but I am Mexican (so it's kind of expected of me to be able to down a couple of tequila shots while keeping a straight face). It also sort of upsets me that this was the last question to the survey. What the hell is up with that?]


Yep. Looks like I pretty much remained the same. I'm also glad I don't answer surveys anymore.
Who the hell needs to know so much information?
(I still do them in my spare time though, I just never post them for other people to read. One day, I'll finish the 100 question one... then no one will ever have the need to talk to me again. haha. Dude, I'm so anti-social.)

3 comments:

Mooney said...

"That remains the same. Sort of. I was reminded by my little sister of these really cool plastic disks we used to get in our chips back in Mexico in around 1995, where you'd put them in the microwave and they'd shrink to form a tiny, but thick, disk with like... the Tiny Tunes drawn on them. Those were cool." ---- Hahaha, Shrinky Dinks!!!!! I love those! I went to "Mexico" today at EPCOT and bought a serape purse-thingy. Man, I miss Mexico.

AnoMALIE said...

Ay! Ya vez! I'm so damn Mexican, I never know the real name to things like "Shrinky Dinks," or nursery rhymes... or anything American like that.
Chinga'o, soy beaner to the bone! I feel sorry for my future children "Sorry, Mijo, esa no me la se... but I can tell you this really cool ass story about La Llorona!"

Anyway... you know... if you weren't returning from Florida so late, you could totally go to Mexico and still get to experience a little bit of the fun (granted, mid-August is when everyone's leaving and thigns start to suck ass till around the first week of September), like coleaderas and stuff. ::hint-hint, nudge, nudge:: GO, damn it! jaja.

Anonymous said...

Great work.