Tuesday, November 13, 2007

How Spanish music makes me sad

Why must I like Spanish artists/bands?
Why?

I really, really wanted to go see Alejandro Sanz (no, I didn't start liking him after that one popular song, La Tortura, he sings with Shakira. I've liked this short Spaniard since back in the day when we were the same height... you know, when I was around 8th grade) next Tuesday, but of course... since I'm an idiot and only like foreign groups/singers, tickets to their concerts cost a motherfucking eye out of the face.
I wouldn't mind paying a total of 75 bucks for two tickets... but 75 dollars for one ticket? Get the fuck out of here.
It's just like what happened to me back in April with Chayanne tickets.

Oh well... guess I'll have to settle for listening to Alejandro lisp my favorite Spanish songs via iTunes.

Talking about music, last week I purchased a CD for Mom... and while she was super excited for the thing, I kept wondering "OK, what's the big deal?"
I popped it into my car, and this is what I found:

A mis dieciséis
anhelaba tanto
un amor que no llegó.
Siempre lo esperé.
Todas mis amigas
se encontraban en la misma situación.

Y después yo vi
como iban cambiando su manera de vivir.
Todas con su amor.
Cada una de ellas
muy sonrientes, muy felices menos yo.

Ay, la soledad!
Cada vez más triste y
más obscura yo viví.
Y a esa edad
todos preguntaban los motivos,

yo solía siempre decir:
Yo no nací para amar, nadie nació para mí.
Tan sólo he sido una soñadora más.
Yo no nací para amar, nadie nació para mí.
Mis sueños nunca se volvieron realidad.

Siempre te busqué,
pero nunca pude encontrar ese amor.
Siempre lo esperé,
y en todas partes que esperaba
ese amor nunca llegó.


Ay, mi soledad!
Cada vez más triste, más obscura,
pueden ver.
Hoy en esta edad
aún me preguntan mis amigas,
y es tan triste responder:

Yo no nací para amar, nadie nació para mí.
Tan solo he sido una soñadora más.
Yo no nací para amar, nadie nació para mí.
Mis sueños nunca se volvieron realidad.
Tan solo he sido una soñadora más.

Yo no nací... para amar.


O...k... how the hell am I supposed to cheer up with shit like that being purchased per Mom's request (this song was written by a gay guy... which makes me so sad for that poor guy if that's how he truly feels)?
The funny thing is, the following song on the CD is so upbeat... it made me feel a little bipolar (how the hell do people do that? You have possibly one of the saddest songs I've heard play first, then the following song is a yipee-skipee song about "Does he know? I think he knows... he should know... that I like him!" WTF? Mexicans, I tell you).

And to end this, and since we all know I'm random as hell:
It is a fact...
I get along with the fellas a lot better than with the females.
Geology lab proved it today.
Who adopted me after I was left alone? The guys, of course.
Who ignores me like I'm part of the wall? The bitches... of course (why don't they ever help a sister out?).

God bless the men.

Oh! And now that I remember:
It's crazy to see the total 180 "Napoleona" (my Geology Lab TA) has done in lab.
I'm sure the bald, old man sitting in the back of the class furiously taking notes while observing her have nothing to do with this (almost as much as smoking crack during a pregnancy has nothing to do with a baby's low birthweight and constant crying, right?).
Me: Ok, quick question... is this gabbro or....
Napoleona: Yes! You guys are getting so good at this! I'm so proud of you!

She skips away to another group in need, leaving me and my partners alone in the back (gaping), closest to the bald man.
GuyWithFantasticHair: I know... I heard it too.
BoyWhoLooksLikePeteWentz: Proud of us? What the hell is her problem?

She's still getting one scathing evaluation from my behalf.
Boy... am I ready!

No comments: