Tuesday, August 24, 2010

MExico

So... Mexico won Miss Universe...
does that make me pretty now?
Ha.
I love it.

While I'm not a fan of beauty pageants, I knew the outcome of the Miss Universe contest within seconds of the winner being announced. People called the house.
Damn, do I know the girl? WTF?
It appears anyone and everyone that is somehow Mexican is proud, which, of course, is understandable... even I got carried away by the celebrations yesterday.
My favorite people beaming with pride, however, happen to be the McDonald's-rockin cholas.
"Us Latinas are hot!"
Grow some eyebrows and we can talk this one out, homegirl.
They're great. I'll quit talking shit now...

No I won't-
I'm Mexican, I'm proud, and blah blah blah, but let's face it:
It's Mexico's bicentennial this year...
Mexico was the only girl wearing a bright color: red.
The crown had red accents.
Hmmm...
Not taking away from the girl's beauty-- she is quite stunning-- but guys, when you rig something, try to make it a little less obvious.
That being said, I propose Lupita Jones as Mexico's next national soccer team's head coach.

And now, what I think is Mexico's most beautiful attribute to the universe: nature!


My favorite video of the nine videos they've released commemorating the bicentennial of their independence, centennial of their revolution, this upcoming September. This is all they would show during commercial breaks this summer.
Each state gets its own 3 minute commercial, and so far, that one has been my favorite- Veracruz... because I like snakes, and all that greenery elates me.

But the most beautiful video, by far, is this one- Chiapas (it's only 3 minutes, watch it, damn it! And tell me you don't wanna go there! Shit, I'd even venture to pet the black jaguar... they make it look so cuddly):



I have no idea what the song says, but eh, I watch the videos on mute.

Far cry from what news channels cover nowadays whenever Mexico is brought up, huh?
I don't know whether to laugh, or frown... it's a fucked up situation.

Anyway, hooray for Mexico's beauty.

No comments: