Friday, August 20, 2010

Al otro lado del mar

"That's so far away..."
A year ago, I was in a place many consider paradise, fighting with MGH, and crying on a balcony.
Blue. Blue. Blue.
Don't worry, MGH is a dumbass. He doesn't know what he's doing.
It's not... it's just... I had never noticed how... big the ocean really is.
Tanto azul... tanto, tanto azul. Mas allá de lo que pueden ver mis ojos. Mas allá.

I took a stroll with him at night. I sat in the white sand... and drew a letter... not an M.
He noticed.
What? I like the Jonas Brothers... didn't you know? Joe.
Gay.

Next night, I danced the night away... he went from girl to girl, I stayed in my circle of friends... he was drunk, I was sober. He was happy, I was sad.
What's wrong? Did I do something?
Nope. You did absolutely nothing.

Laying on the same bed, our heads resting against each other.
Woo! I leave to Kassel in a month! Beer and girls, beer and girls!
Really? That's all there is to do in Germany? Hope you have the time to do both.
No me digas eso... no me robes la esperanza.

Ilusa. 
No English word has the same feel. "Delusional" is too negative... "naive" not sufficiently poignant.
Ilusa... eso es lo que soy.

Una optimista con disfraz de pesimista.
Siempre soñando: Mañana sí... quizás mañana...
Y solita me chingo la vida.

(Don't worry, this type of post will be over next month... it's just that right now, it's all that is really occupying my mind. El saber que esta aqui... me tiene mal. Tan cercas, pero tan lejos, ya know? It doesn't help that I just spent my Friday night at a funeral. It just makes me think.. sad shit, really)

2 comments:

Mooney said...

I wish I could get away.

Chin up. :]

AnoMALIE said...

:/ tu también, niña... no es chido andar de lloronas... :(