Saturday, September 3, 2011

Action

I hate "action" dreams. I've stated this before.
My brain seems to be particularly fond of giving me these "action-packed" dreams... that I'd consider more like nightmares.
Last night, I woke up a little past 11PM after freaking myself out of sleep. I dreamt I had to collect a bunch of rare gems from my old high school (bastard Durango... purple and gold every-fucking-where), which was now an abandoned, old building.
Sounds like fun, but there was a catch: the building was going to implode.
WHAT THE FUCK?! WHY?!
And I was locked inside until I collected ALL of the fucking rubies/emeralds/etc.
Things only got worse once I realized the school was ten stories tall... and that my siblings were also scattered within the building... enjoying cocktails, unaware of the situation.
Bro: Heyyyy! Free drinks ALL night!!
Me: ... uh... oh... hmm.. well... gotta go.
No matter how desperately I asked them to help me find the gems, they were zombies... drinking away.

I woke up swearing to never play a fucking video game before going to bed.

Once I was able to go to sleep and enjoy less intense dreams, I was once again startled the fuck awake by a phone call at 6:30AM.
MGH.
I don't know about you, but when someone calls me so fucking early in the day, I suspect someone's dead... someone BETTER be dead.

The call was just MGH, letting me know he was driving to Vegas at that exact instant.
You fucking retard! You scared me!
He wants to hang out all weekend.
After cussing him out for a second, I agreed... because I participate in fucked up relationships like that.

After hanging up, I saw I had two texts from my mom's sister.
Turns out the husband of one of my friends had passed away in his sleep.

Any hopes of falling back to sleep evaporated after that newsflash.

1 comment:

Mooney said...

If you need company, I'm free!