Wednesday, September 21, 2011

TJ

I always complain about being the only D-Family member to NOT have met a celebrity.
Each time I'm showing the city to an out-of-towner, one of his/her first questions is always "What celebrities have you met."
None, man!!

Well, today I had the opportunity to meet a celebrity.
Personally, I don't think he's THAT much of a star, he's just the sweet/badass host of the Challenge shows on MTV. I'm talking about TJ Lavin.

I was doing my usual gym shit, early afternoon. It's my long day, where I lift for an hour, then kickbox for another hour, then finish it up with a half hour of plyos.
I'm tired as fuck by the time plyos come around. Needless to say, I'm not the nicest human by then.

The day had been going relatively smoothly, I hadn't even been hostile to anyone, and then it was time for plyos.
I was comfortably minding my own business in my corner, totally set up. The day's exercises this time around involved setting up a bench, crotch high, so I could proceed to repeatedly jump over it. Now, I'm clumsy as fuck... and jumping isn't my thing, since I've had various accidents of the painful kind when it comes to tripping and eating shit. Being required to do this exercise managed to aggravate me.
I had to do eight sets of the jumping.
As I was on set three, I noticed a chick hustle into the room, and set her shit up... as did her boyfriend.
As they hesitated to pick a spot (this is in a giant room, where there's only five other chicks doing this shit), they made me nervous, because they were standing directly behind me.
I'm like a horse: DON'T STAND BEHIND ME!
I was scared that maybe I'd end up kicking these two people... or worse, that I'd end up tripping on them and hurting myself.
So I stopped, extremely irritated, scoffed, and conveyed my feeling with my body language.
ARE YOU FUCKING GOING TO MOVE OR WHAT?!
The couple decided to set up shop to my right. The dude right next to me.

So the half hour goes by, and I'm calm by the end... because I notice the dude is being extremely nice to everyone. He's very courteous and just... kind. He had won us all over.
The entire time, I had not looked at this guy's face... since I tend to do that with people.
Once the plyos were over, and he walked over to the trainer to thank her for her time, I finally looked at him.
It was TJ.
FUCK. Me.
He then smiled at me, and held the door for me as I walked out.
The whole time, all I wanted to do was bang my head against the concrete wall.

Luckily, I apologized (via twitter... ha), and he forgave (thanks to Mooney, via twitter again).

I'm such an idiot asshole.

No comments: