Wednesday, September 28, 2011

In every way...

The monograms used at Monday's wedding were J and N. They were everywhere.
Their first dance was to "Unforgettable."
Dude sitting next to me was named "Darcy."
A mutual friend of ours was sitting a table away from mine.

Unforgettable, thats what you are. Unforgettable, though near or far. 
Watching the groom, the way he'd gaze into his bride's eyes... it was killing me.
Like a song of love that clings to me, how the thought of you does things to me. 
Such sincere... adoration. There's no other way to put it.
Never before has someone been more... 

I've always been cynical saying that sort of shit is impossible... that no one is lucky enough to find someone who will look at one with such... tenderness.
Unforgettable in every way...
But Monday proved me painfully wrong.
and forever more (and forever more)

thats how you'll stay (thats how you'll stay) 
By the end of the night, I was wondering why the hell I wasn't drunk... then I'd look over at Mom and realize Oh yeah, that's why.
thats why darling its incredible
Woman took care of that for me. She was so buzzed, she attempted hooking me up with the bride's cousin... who happens to be a TWICE DIVORCED, single father of two... two separate BabyMommas... and he's only 28.
that someone so unforgettable 
Well, look at that, even Mom has given up on me... Twice divorced, single father of two, huh?... probably really IS the only thing I can find by now...
thinks that I am unforgettable too.

And I accepted this sweet little fact: the only person who can't find someone to stare at her in the same fashion I was currently witnessing... is... me.

I hope he'll... at least... occasionally... think of me...

No comments: