Monday, January 23, 2012

Enanillos

Is that ME holding a baby?
Why yes, yes it is.
AND the baby's spitting in my face (at leas this time he wasn't chewing on saltine crackers... that was fun)... AND I don't drop him for it!
Clearly babies know how I feel about them.

These last two days I've spent playing with children... against my will.
It's not like I'm going to throw them off me when they decide to crawl on me and do cute shit.
Plus... while I don't exactly look to play with kids, I won't turn down their toys once they bring them to me.
The child handed me a baby-version of a drawing tablet...
OF COURSE I was going to play with it.
That cow down there didn't escape my grip, either. 
The parents of the kids continuously ask me if playing with the kids makes me want to have one of my own.
HELL NO it doesn't.
I'm terrible with kids.
3-year old: This is... this is... a T-REX!
Me: That's cool!
3-year old: and this is... this is... ummm... I don't know what it is... what is this?
Me: That's a velociraptor.
Kid's dad (My adopted bro, actually): Yeah... that might be too long of a word to say... but hey, Isi, how do you say "dinosaur" in Chinese?
3-year-old: *Long-ass Mandarin word for Dinosaur*
::Three year old proceeds to perform her victory dance::
Me: ... damn that Kai-Lan.

One day I'll harness this pied-piper power of mine... I'll have babies and toddlers wreaking havoc on those I don't like.
Or you know... I'll just be normal and smile/laugh a lot... maybe remember my heart is not made of stone.

2 comments:

Kelley Karas said...

It scares me that the prospect of being a parent.. is starting to interest me. SNAP ME OUT OF IT!

AnoMALIE said...

but imagine! It'll be a baby genius with impeccable musical taste! I would SPOIL the HELL out of that baby... hahaha