Tuesday, January 10, 2012

HOMEtown

It's happening again...
I'm getting that uncontrollable impulse to head down to Mexico.
My salmon senses are tingling.

A couple of my friends are down there right now, not in Hometown, but the much more touristy spot of Guadalajara.
I see the photos and my heart feels crushed.
I have dreams about walking the streets...

Going to the tienditas to buy some on-the-go yogurt (normal people would say "soda" but no, not I. I'm that lactose-loving little cow who goes for nothing but dairy. You don't know what good is until you try Lala milk products... it's like staring at the face of God the moment you taste that stuff) and Sabritas... or gummy bears... or sweet 'n sour moritas.

I miss the cold breeze from this time of the year... how desolate everything looks... the late-night bonfires... the non-existence of flies and mosquitos! I don't care if it's not as green as it is during the summers.

I even miss the smell of horse shit, for crying out loud.

I miss my godson and our conversations that range from heartfelt and depressing to ridiculous and motivational. I miss his bone-crushing hugs that instantly snap me out of any funk I may be feeling.
I miss his little brother and his realist point of view. Kid is fucking blunt as hell and I love it. I need that sort of shit in my life.
I miss their mom... my cousin, who often frustrates me with her simple-mindedness, but also warms my heart with that same characteristic. She's a precious human being.

I miss my aunt and her selfless, giving, naturally nurturing nature (auuuuuch! Hooray for alliteration, baby!). She's also hilarious as hell.

I wanna go home.

No comments: