Sunday, January 8, 2012

Next Lifetime

D: Back in my TSA days (remember when Sister worked for TSA back in like... '07? Good ol' days), I remember *Coworker* warned *coworker she hated* that he'd better watch his back, because every dude who worked with me fell in love with me. I was like "No, Steve never fell in love with me!" and they just looked at me, rolled their eyes, and said "Yeah... um hmm... sure... Steve didn't fall in love with you..." and I was like "He's my brother!"
Me: You know... I DID find it weird that he was so interested in being my friend... in being cool with me.
::Sister rolls her eyes::
Me: You know he was just trying to get cool with me so I could encourage you to give him a chance...
::I wink at Sister::
D: NO! You know, it's entirely possible for my friends to want to be cool with my siblings because they're so much cooler than me.
Wait... what? You're saying I'm...
D: Like... a lot of my friends have told me they like you because you're cool... like... most recently... it was... let's see... it's was...
What the hell?
D: Carlos! He thinks you're hella cool, funny, and easy to talk to. He told me he wished I had your personality because he can talk to you about a lot more subjects than with me.
...
.....
What good does that do me, really? How's that supposed to make me feel?
I'll tell you how it makes me feel: angry.
It's not the first time I hear it, but each time it feels like a pebble is thrown at the back of my head.
You think I'm cool? You enjoy talking to me? What's that, though? You wish I looked like my sister? My bad... I'll try and work on that for my next lifetime.

And this is how I know I'll be single forever.

2 comments:

Native Minnow said...

There are worse things than being single forever. Being married to a psycho for one ;-)

AnoMALIE said...

definitely... though I hear psychos are fun to fu... wait, I'm a lady, I shouldn't talk like that... CK.