Friday, October 12, 2007

And my closet says: I'm a girl!

What I thought to be a rather lame Friday night turned out to be quite productive.

My closet was finally fixed, so I had to go through the hassle of putting everything back.
While I'm not done just yet... I'm more than half way through.
I have managed to put all my acceptable clothes up on hangers, but there's also clothes piled up all over the floor with destinations like "donations" and "trash!!"
If all goes well, I'll be back in my room by Sunday night.

Anyway, all of this I did very grudgingly...
-Whaddaya mean I can't go to the mall today?! I have a wedding to go to tomorrow!
-Whaaat? I can't even go to the dealer with you guys because I have to sit here and fix my room?!
(My Dad bought the most badass '08 Dodge Laramie 2500 today! While it is white--eww-- everything else about it screams "Motha'fuckin' piiiiimp!" Sweet-ass truck, I say, even if it is stick shift and I won't be able to drive it because of that... but still... the fact that it's a stick shift just screams "Badass." Anyone that can drive a stick shift--correctly-- is a badass in my book)
Etc. etc.

As I wallowed in my self-pity, home-alone, at around 8PM, I realized:
Shit, I have so much shit I no longer use... and shit I never used!
It's so horrific to notice how my shoe collection has grown (I had 38 pairs. A bit excessive, no?)... and yet I still feel the need to buy more (so I guess I am a girl!).

All in all, this little activity helped me:
1) Realize I'm kind of picky and have a shopping problem.
2) Not feel too bad about skipping gym time today. This shit had me sweating buckets after half an hour.
3) Find more options for my Halloween costume.

The latter is important... because while Halloween is a couple of weeks away... I have yet to find anything I'm 100 percent comfortable with.
So far, my options are:
1) That one Latina doctor on Grey's Anatomy (a show I don't watch... but scrubs are so damn comfortable to wear! And all I'd really have to do would be stand there... since my parents already made me a Latina)
2) A fairy Godmother (the idea of being called a "fairy" has never really... enticed me to dress up as one... but I have some wings, a wand, and huge poofy dresses from the countless Quinceañeras/weddings I've been in)
3) Sleeping Beauty (once again, I have the dress... and I'd wear a blonde wig that'd be all fucked up because my version would have a bad case of bed-head)
4) A massuse (I have the hair... the dress... the hands... hahaha... yeah... ok, whatever).
5) A go-go dancer (Oddly enough... I found everything I would need to be a go-go dancer in my closet. That scared me. A lot)

Now, there are a few more options out there... but it tires me out to come up with more.

So far... I'm really leaning toward go-go dancer and the fairy Godmother... but since I really have the urge to whore-up my make-up, I do believe I'll be a go-go dancer.

3 comments:

Mooney said...

NICE. I'm thinking of being some random Hogwarts cast-off. I'm either going with Slytherin or Gryffindor...but I have the tie and all that to be a Slytherin. So eh...my options are still quite open. I dunno where I'll wear my costume if I'm going to be handing out candy..but eh..it's HARRY POTTER! I think you should be a go-go dancer. :D

I wondered what happened to you yesterday.

AnoMALIE said...

Yeah... hopefully my fatass calves fit in go-go boots... if they don't... I guess I'll have to go all poofy and stuff like the Godmother.

I too wondered what had happened to you. Verizon's being a little bitch with texts that aren't from Verizon. They don't send them out... or they won't send them to me on time!
Stupid Verizon.

Mooney said...

DAMN THEM. My friend is getting the same thing. I send texts but it takes forever for people to respond.