Thursday, October 25, 2007

Family Trait?

17-year-old Second Cousin: What happens when my boyfriend turns 18?
Little Sister: Umm... I guess... hopefully he becomes more mature?
17YOSC: No, I mean... I'll be 17, and he'll be 18.
LS: I'm not sure...
17YOSC: Ask your sister.

LS (to me): Hey... what happens when 17YOSC's boyfriend turns 18?
Me: He'll be registered in the Selective Service System??

LS (to 17YOSC): He'll be registered for the Selective Service System.
17YOSC: No, no! I mean... legally...
LS (to me): She means legally..
Me: (internally) Fuck, I hate kids. (spoken) What the hell do you mean, "legally?"
LS (to 17YOSC): What the hell do you mean "legally?"
17YOSC: Like... will he get in trouble for having... you know... if we do anything... you know... because I'll still be a minor...
LS: Ohhh!! Hey, AnoMALIE, she means will he get in trouble for having sex with a "minor" since she'll still be underage.
Me: (internally) 17YOSC, you're an idiot. (spoken) Oh... well... I don't know much law... but I bet if her parents wanted to be assholes, they'd get him in trouble.
LS (to 17YOSC): Only if your parents were really angry and wanted to get him in trouble...
17YOSC: Ah... ok... we were thinking we were going to have to break up. Good to know I won't have to now... I love him.
Me: (internally)... because he hasn't made you cry in the last 36 hours?
LS: I guess...
17YOSC: Like the other day... he said the sweetest thing to **group of his friends**
LS: Really?
17YOSC: Yeah... he went around saying I gave the best brain he's ever had.
LS and Me: Oh...


...like she graduated from a good school...

Her mom must be so proud.

4 comments:

Mooney said...

Dear lord. What is wrong with kids these days.

Friday sounds great. Do you know what movie?

Kelley Karas said...

.... how closely are you related again? ;-)

Native Minnow said...

Wow, I just learned another slang term. I must be slipping in my old age.

AnoMALIE said...

Mooney- That's the same thing I said... and to ruin it, the kid broke up with her today and started dating another chick that looks eerily like me (yes, all in the same day). Gross shit. Oh, y la movie... pues tengo 3 que quiero ver, we'll play it by ear since we both have internet access on our phone ;)

Chase- she's freaking taking AP Bio!! How the hell does that make any sense!?

NM- don't worry, I learned that term a couple of months ago when I heard it in a song... and somehow all these highs schoolers are the ones that use it.