Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Compliments

Hehe....
I'm such a girl.

I love it when strangers of the opposite sex compliment me... as long as it's polite, that is (and the guy isn't some old perverted man like that dude from target last year).

The randomness and good nature of it just lightened up my day...
even if it was only to compliment my hoodie... and to chat a little about the awesomeness of Notre Dame.
:)

Now, want an example of compliments from strangers that I most certainly don't enjoy?
Check out this conversation I had with some dude a couple of years back... he was around 38, supposedly. Anyway:

greekchicago: GOD are you gorgeousssssssssss
greekchicago: love that face
greekchicago: what if a guy
[Me]: thanks, that's very nice
greekchicago: would do anything you wished
greekchicago: ANYTHING
[Me]: he'd get me through med school
greekchicago: OK
greekchicago: is the U of Chicago OK?
[Me]: i actually thought about that school
[Me]: but i was just kidding
greekchicago: well it is all yours if you want
greekchicago: I would do anything for you
[Me]: i don't need a... i guess the word for a dude like that is suggar daddy
greekchicago: I mean it you are perfect
greekchicago: I was thinking SLAVE
[Me]: ha
[Me]: i wouldn't do that to a person
greekchicago: every goddess should have a slave
greekchicago: I would do anything to be your slave
greekchicago: you are amazinggggggggg
[Me]: aww, i guess that would be true... in mythology... but not with me. I'm human.
(I've never blocked someone so quickly in my life... even if he did think I was "gorgeousssssssssss" and "amazinggggggggg." That's just creepy shit to tell a regular girl you've never spoken to before. I was more creeped out because he was this lawyer... who looked so proper... and then goes off and talks about wanting to be my slave. WTF? People never cease to amaze me)

God... I laughed pretty hard when I found that stashed in my saved mail... haha.
Needless to say, I won't be stepping foot in Chicago unless I'm accompanied by two other people.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

A slave, hmm?

That sounds... ever so awkwardly interesting.

Kelley Karas said...

.. he's a greek slave though, so he's not going to do any work.... I guess that's only funny if you've been the greece :-)

TravelinDin said...

sorry i got kicked off the internet last night & couldn't get back on :[

i didnt know about your slave...damnyou! you shouldda said yes! i need someone to clean my room! haha

hey, how bout you punks write my ass a letter! im the only one that hasn't gotten a piece of mail! oh & im gonna make a list of stuff you guys should send me cuz i think im gonna run out of contact solution. it's been a month & im already halfway done with one bottle. but i'll let you know k :]

Mooney said...

I hate guys like that...its even creepier when you have to stand more then 15 mins with the dude and be nice to him cause he's a patient. NEVER AGAIN! I know how to screen them now. :]

So Jockboy's older sister went to school with my older brother and they were um...pretty close. I am pretty sure this chick was one of those girls my brother liked back in middle school. So its weird that jockboy and I would end up together. *shakes head*

AnoMALIE said...

Ryan- It was just awkward... although now that I think about it, there could have been some good stuff I could have gotten out of having a Chicago lawyer be my "slave."

Chase- hahahaha... hahaha! Good one.

Travelindin- are you kidding me? What would this "slave" want in return? I wouldn't even punch him... because it looked like he was into that kinky shit... just... gross. No. Never. Ew.
We'll send you the stuff once you give us the list. The other day, it crossed my mind to write you one of those colorful letters like we used to write to Santa Barbara and Forest Park.
I'll hop to it once I... well... stop feeling sorry for msyelf. Yeah?

Mooney- teach me, great Obi-Wan Kenobi!
That's some seriously trippy stuff. It's creepy how this world is so tiny.
:)

Native Minnow said...

Wow. Just, wow. Some people have a lot of nerve. I couldn't imagine even saying half of that to a girl I'd never met. Or any girl for that matter. Creepy.

AnoMALIE said...

Creepy indeed.

I bet my avoidance to ever show my entire face on the default Myspace photo makes a lot more sense now, doesn't it?

I'm scarred for life.