Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Zapatito Blanco, Zapatito Azul...

Contrary to popular belief, I have not spent my entire week playing Guitar Hero.
Ok, I have played it every day... but I haven't spent all day playing.

Yesterday, I ventured out to the mall for a couple of hours.
Mooney way even kind enough to take on Little Sister duties.
She helped me pick out some nice underwear... that was not overloaded with so much damn pink (WTF was up with that cashier trying to sell me those horrible panties that looked like they belonged... as crocheted old lady table top protectors?).

After that... we decided to check out Hot Topic, a store I haven't been to in a couple of months, if not years.
There, I fell in love with a pair of shoes... and I purchased them.... for $4.99.
Right up my alley, right?
Well... do you notice something?
I didn't notice this until late last night, when I was trying them on.
What was this?
Well... the left shoe is 2 fucking sizes smaller.
TWO!
As I was trying to shove my foot in the left shoe... I kept thinking
WTF? This is a 10? Where? China?!
Then I looked... and sure enough, it was an 8.

Now, if I would have purchased them at regular price, I could return them and demand my 5 dollars back...
But it says sales on them are "final."
So... I'm fucked.

Now I'm terrified to tell Mom.
She's so mean when it comes to this type of shit...
even when I'm cheated out of a penny she'll flip...
If I show her that one shoe is dramatically smaller than the other, the fact that I couldn't catch the discrepancy while at the store will surely make Mom go off on me.

So... I guess... I'm going to tough it out... and learn to appreciate the old Chinese custom of feet binding.

4 comments:

Native Minnow said...

I'd still take them back. Surely there's another mismatched pair in the store.

Anonymous said...

Awwwww... Well.. you could pseudo wear one into the store and make a quick exchange if you get what I mean.

Also.. theSTART - you've heard them in my car numerous times, and It's at 10PM ish..

Unknown said...

Guitar Hero has never appealed to me. Even when I played it at my friend's house. Then again, I had been playing guitar for over 3 years when it was released, so...

TravelinDin said...

hahaha! dude i almost peed my pants seeing that the shoes are 2 sizes smaller! hahahaha! poor you. are you sure you can't take them back, i mean, you're not RETURNING them...just one. but for sure, don't tell mom "pendeja! que no te fijas!" hahaha