Monday, January 28, 2008

Old Ladies

While I know I'm klutzy, I'm always amused to find myself being seriously ditzy.

(Yesterday afternoon, I was hula-hooping while listening to my i-pod in one ear, and the Spanish news with the other. They were showing an adorable old lady skydiving... and mentioned something about her 100th birthday)

Me: (talking to the television) Oh my God! That lady's a hundred?!
Mom: (coming from the kitchen) Barbara Bush?
Me: Oh my God! Barbara Bush is a hundred?!
Mom: Barbara Bush?!

(Mom nods in the direction of the television)

Me: She's a hundred...
Mom: Barbara Bush is a hundred?!

(We both look at the television, bewildered)

Me: No, that little old lady's celebrating her 100th birthday by sky diving...
Mom: Oh... ok.
Me: Barbara Bush's one hundred?
Mom: Not that I know of... I thought the old lady sky diving was Barbara Bush.
Me: Ok... so Barbara Bush is not one hundred?
Mom: No.

(For a second there, I felt like my life was a sham)

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I hold a biology degree (ok, so it hasn't come in the mail just yet, but I KNOW I did get all my shit done and it should come in the mail some time this... year).

1 comment:

TravelinDin said...

LMAO!!!!!!!

omg! i just seriously almost died of laughter right now!!! emily came in running seeing if i was ok, i guess she thought i was crying! hahahahahahahahahaha