Tuesday, January 22, 2008

MY pizza

Yesterday, a grown ass woman threw a bona fide tantrum thanks to me.

Now, I had nothing to do with it... or at least, I did nothing to incite the lady's irritation (I was on my best behavior, seriously... I wasn't even cussing).
No, I was just being me.

I went out for lunch with a buddy, and ordered the same thing I ordered the last time I went to CPK (kiwi lemonade and that one mango tandoori pizza).
I was listening to my friend as she was de-stressing about her bitch ex-roommates (she has a knack for picking HORRIBLE girls as roommates) and all the mean shit they did to her.
So, I was kind of letting my pizza sit there as I attentively listened to my poor friend.

Next thing you know, the woman sitting to my right starts complaining to her waiter.

I did see she was scowling at her plate of food.
Then I hear her:
What is she having?!
I want that!! I want what she has right there!!


So I looked over at her, and noticed she was pointing at me.

Gee, thanks... I'm flattered, lady.

Next thing you know, there's this hubbub between the lady, her girlfriend/partner, their child, their waiter, the manager, and my waiter.

Umm... ok... did I do something wrong here?

They kept coming over to my table and looking at my pizza... trying to figure out what I had ordered... all the while, not going through the trouble of asking me what I was having.
I just sat there and looked at them, my chin resting on my right hand.

Does anyone want to solve this ruckus and just ask me? I'm nice enough to tell you.

Then I figured what the problem was...
The lady wanted MY pizza...
Not a pizza like mine... but the pizza that was sitting in front of me... untouched because I had been too busy listening to my friend.
I guess they were telling her that they couldn't do that... and they took about five minutes to convince her to just take one home when she finished her meal... on the house (lucky bitch. I know I'll do that next time).

Now I know.
Next time I go out to lunch with a friend, first thing I will do upon receiving my food will be to lick the hell out of it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WTF! They encouraged that bullshit by giving her a freebie? What a cunt. I would have licked it and stared her down. What kind of person lacks all manner and tact that could be shopping at the fashion show or town square?