Sunday, January 6, 2008

Don't quit your day job, Bob Ross.

I keep getting the question:
So, AnoMALIE, what do you plan on doing now that you're out of school?

Or if the person's being a real asshole to me, he/she will say:
So, AnoMALIE, when are you getting a fucking real job?

To the latter, I say "Fuck you, eat a dick. Quit hating just because I don't have to get a job."
To the other question, it's usually a "I don't know? Relax?" with a shrug.

Since I got out of school, I really haven't "relaxed" much, since I've been on-and-off sick, and I'm annoyed with this whole issue with my dad (he's so paranoid... and he complains all the time... then he proceeds to make fun of Mom and Little Sister because he feels all "Biggest Loser" on us since he's dropped 35 pounds... so he'll harass Mom and Little Sister about how "fat" they are and how they look like trucks and that some day they're not going to walk out of the house, but will have to get rolled out of the house. That type of environment just pisses me off).

Anyway, when I do have down time, I find myself doodling.
But I can't even do that right.
I half ass all my drawings.
Examples?
Ok, here's Example One:
It bugs me how I can't complete it, but each time I go to finish it off... I just stare at it... and then flip the page. There's so much shit wrong with it... I don't feel it's salvageable... but I don't want to erase it, because of all things, I like the neck and the forehead.
??
Godawful chin I gave that chick... just plain awful... and she could use longer eyebrows... you know... more towards the center. And look at that ear!! Boooooooooo!!

I find I draw shit similar to the above when I'm listening to music.

When I'm watching TV, I'll draw things similar to Example Two:
(isn't the potbelly sweet?? Why the hell I've taken to drawing a "pooch" on chicks is beyond me)
Tell me one thing, do you think, that maybe, quite possibly, the day I drew this, they were talking about TomKat?
That hair looks eerily similar to Katie Holmes' hair (let's not forget that vacant look in her eye)...
No wonder people look through my sketches and ask who I was drawing (One of my biggest pet peeves ever. No One!! The answer is always NO ONE!).

I need to quit watching Extra/The Insider/whatever else program while drawing. They contaminate my pool of thought.

P.S. and totally random/off-topic: Did you know if you chew Stride Gum with it's wrapper, the wrapper will dissolve? Shit, I just found out and... well... what a neat way to cut down on litter... I guess.

5 comments:

Native Minnow said...

As always, nice pics.

And, you should say "eat a bag of dicks" because it just sounds funny.

Kelley Karas said...

I think you're too critical on your drawings (but then again, they're your drawing.. and not how you want then exactly.. 'sketch 22'! hahaha.. sorry that was a bad pun). They do look awesome and I am in awe of your talents.

You need:
Drafting table
Giganto Paper
Lots and lots of charcoal.
And pastels
Then we could set you up an etsy, and you could sell your drawings.. because they are so much better than hand drawn bratz posters for sale. (google if you want.. ooooi).
Speaking of dolls.. did you know they're making ANTM dolls? I about laughed when I saw them at target
...
'Bag of dicks' is also a hilarious image I wish I never had in my head.

AnoMALIE said...

Out of all the people I thought I was going to acquire phrases for my profane-repertoire, I'm shocked I'm getting one from you, Minnow. I didn't know you had it in you! Niiice!

Chase- I get the pun, finally... I can understand that one.
I <3 charcoal...
I didn't know about the dolls... now I want one... of that one girl that was going blind, but was still a bitch. I forgot her name.

Anonymous said...

ur drawings are very good
i am particularly interested in the one you draw when watching tv.
What do you feel when u draw that always...
people usually draw many lines over and over again when feeling angry.
N when you try doing that when you feel okay...its almost impossible?
could those drawing be the desire to be fashionable?
or cld those drawings mean, that you dont see why poeple are so obssesse with beauty?

AnoMALIE said...

You know, now that you mention it, I usually am sort of irritated when I'm drawing.
I say I "have to be moody" in order to draw.
Whenever I'm in a good mood, I usually don't think about drawing anything... and when I try, I end up erasing it because I'm never happy with the result.
And yes, I do think it's my desire to be fashionable... because anyone who knows me knows I'm usually just in jeans and a t-shirt/sweater... and while I try to play it off, I wouldn't mind being... "girly" once in a while.

You're so good, it's scary!
:)