Thursday, August 25, 2011

Hurricane Rant

So I just saw my weakass attempt at posting the book photograph didn't work (awkward sentence... but who cares?).
I would have tried a little harder if I had access to MY laptop, however, I didn't bring it, so I have to mooch off my brother. I beg for internet time...well... not really beg, because believe it or not, I actually don't miss the internet... or even the TV (I heard "Rivals" ended... the MTV show... I had totally forgotten about it. Now I'm just pissed I missed the last fucking episode after killing my summer watching that shit religiously)... anyway, back to the thought, I have to beg for Rafa's laptop if I want to write anything... that includes posting photos.
If I want anyone to know what the hell I'm up to, I have to resort to my Twitter, but that sometimes fails because I tend to forget to post shit there as well.

ANYWAY, the book I decided to read was "Rant," and so far, I'm quite proud of myself for picking a book that hasn't put me to sleep (truth be told, in Princeton, I fell asleep after three pages of that Love Letters book my soulmate initially impressed me with. Must have been the cynic in me which didn't allow me to continue). I've laughed out loud a few times... which appears to worry Mom, since she sees the cover and thinks "What the HELL are you reading? and how can that POSSIBLY make you laugh?!" She then sees me furrow my brows and can't help herself to ask what I just read. I've also whispered "Ah... fuck that!" once, that caught her attention as well.

Aside from reading, and calming the fuck down from yesterday's excitement, we've started "getting ready" for this stupid hurricane. Bro and I are both in denial, claiming nothing will happen, and refusing to go grocery shopping... even when the store is right next door.
Tomorrow's Rafa's graduation thingamajig. Getting ready for that action is time consuming, more so than the stupid hurricane bullshit.

I'm sort of tired, and I've hogged enough internet time from my busy brother... so... I'll be off for now. 

No comments: