Sunday, August 12, 2012

Grow up? As in... how?

While my sister has dudes who tell her she's amazing and that an awesome guy will eventually find her, I get dudes who tell me shit like:
Honestly, I'm the best you've got left.
You're wasting your life.
Grow up.
Eres una pendeja!
You're fuckin' up.

And many more wonderfully eloquent phrases of that nature.
Last night I hung out with a group of dudes, the majority of them my family.
I dropped by Downtown to celebrate the birthday of one of the guys, and the only girls there were the girlfriends of a couple of the dudes.
I didn't feel too uncomfortable, since the dudes who weren't related to me were guys I talk to anyway.
Everything was fine, until I noticed one of the guys kept putting his hands on me.
I'm fine with hugs and all that shit, even if I'm sort of like Lars in that aspect (the main reason why "Lars and the Real Girl" resonated with me... not just because Ryan Gosling is magnificent to stare at, regardless of the role he plays), but this guy was just suffocating me. It felt like when a dog is off marking its territory, pissing all over the place.
Things went sour the moment I finally--fed up-- dodged his grasp.
Boy, was that the wrong thing to do.
Motherfucker went off on me.

Like I said, I'm fine with a hug here and there, I do it all the time... but I definitely don't think I overreacted. I dictate how fine I am with physical contact in regards to MY body.
And it wasn't like I looked at him with disgust, or I made a fucking circus out of my dodge, I did the fucking gesture as discreetly as possible.
RELAX! You think you're the hottest girl here? I hug everyone, get over yourself!
I felt my blood boil... and hot tears stinging my eyes.

I know this guy... back when I was heavier, the most I got out of him was a fucking head nod of acknowledgement. A HEAD NOD. A few years back, I still remember him cracking a joke at my expense after my shirt crept up to expose some of my gut. I KNOW exactly what he thought of me back then.
And there's a difference between hugs. When you hug/hold on to a girl you consider a "homie" you tend to keep your hands ABOVE the waistline. The moment your fucking hands creep closer to the lower pelvic region, or small of her back... you're crossing the friend line. That's not me being conceited/self-centere or whatever the fuck you may think I am, it's fucking TRUTH.... especially when dealing with this guy, who like I said, wouldn't touch me a few months back.
Was I wrong in getting myself OUT of that situation? Hell no. Fuck off.

It didn't help that he was buzzing pretty hard. Whatever filter this outspoken gentlemen has was completely obliterated by the time I entered the room.
I'm sick of stuck up females like you... the fuck outta here. There are at least ten other girls here hotter than you, that I SHOULD be hollering at right now. You need to grow up, little girl. Quit waiting on this fucking perfect, mystery guy.
(I had been explaining to my cousin why I had passed on his house-warming party a couple of weeks back. I mentioned how I was chilling with "this one guy I've known for a while but hardly ever see since he lives on the other side of the ocean... coolest guy ever, so of course I wasn't going to miss that." Apparently this jackass didn't appreciate my comment)
???
I'm sure the situation would have worsened had my equally drunk cousin not stepped in and taken the guy out of my face.

I'm sick of this shit.
Seriously.
I hate how guys expect me to feel... honored? by their shit.
I especially hate how the majority of these guys are guys who didn't give me a second glance a few months back. I was pretty much fucking scum to them... and now, all of a sudden they feel entitled to get lewd with me and then bash me for turning them down?
I'm SO SORRY, your highness! I forget I'm but a simple girl!

Really, guy? REALLY?
Yes, I'm single... and 27... fucking ancient for a Mexican chick... but that doesn't mean I'm going to jump at your fucking advances and cave in... just because I'm old.
I'm 27, dog. I can spend a fucking eternity being alone. I have my own bullshit to deal with... I have no desire to add the bullshit of a second person to that list.
Here's the kicker: not only am I a single 27 year old Mexican chick, I'm a virgin. Sufficient proof that I could not care less about getting with anyone. I can't miss anything I've never had... so... I basically have NO USE for you and your stupid fucking bullshit... ANY of it. You're no Darcy, so get the fuck out of my face.
This doesn't mean YOU should feel honored by my attention... it just means you need to learn to respect my fucking boundaries and chill the fuck out when I turn you down... because I WILL turn you down.

I could have gone on my rant... or at least kneed the shit out of this asshole's crotch... but instead, I quietly excused myself from the party, and cried all the drive home. Yup.

Guys can be such fucking jokes sometimes...

No comments: