Sunday, August 19, 2012

Sexual in nature

"I know it's very sexual in nature, but..."

Not the words you wanna hear from your godson...
But I got his back, for life... so I'll do anything for him, like post this photo on my FB wall...
Come on, kid... for real?
::eyeroll:: Whatevs, man... dudes continuously "like" photos of half-naked STRANGERS, I have no shame in supporting my fucking blood. I let this kid bite my arm when we were babies... I'm pretty sure that turned us into blood-siblings.
Suck a dick, haters.

In other news, my family's turned a little upside down-- my paternal side.
Today marked the end of Ramadan, and with it, lit up a nice little factoid for Dad's side of the family:
One of our females converted to Islam.
Whaaaat?!
That's how everyone reacted... everyone but me. This was no surprise to me... considering the girl had been posting so much shit in (fucked up) arabic, posted photos of mosques and stuff of that nature since January.
I was also not alarmed.
I firmly believe whatever makes you a happier, better human being should be pursued... and you should never hold it against anyone who does this, even if it isn't a view/faith you share. It makes someone HAPPIER and BETTER... WHY are you going to trip?
So she's no longer a Catholic... who gives a fuck? She was a TERRIBLE, ignorant Catholic who was sad and confused. She's happier and smarter now as a muslim... I have no problem with the change.
But of course, everyone in the family freaked out the moment this girl "came out" last night as she cheered having successfully completed her first Ramadan.
All fucking hell broke loose.
Even I suffered some backlash because I congratulated her, even introduced her to the phrase "Eid mubarak" (can you believe that? Chick is a muslim now and I had to teach her something? I know I said she was smarter now, but I never said she was SMART to begin with).
Frankly, I don't give a shit. Let the girl be. If this was something SHE wanted from the bottom of her heart--as it appears it was-- so bet it. I seriously don't think my support of the girl makes me a bad Catholic... and anyone who thinks so can go lock themselves in a room, "pray for my soul," and never emerge.
You know... this thing happened a few years back... I think it's known as something like "The Crusades" or something like that... Something about religious intolerance or something like that... yeah... that shit wasn't cool... you should probably concern yourself with praying for THEIR souls... you know, the ones who participate in those famous crusades... not me.

But... as aggravated as all these weekend's shenanigans have gotten me, I am in fact, incredibly happy. So incredibly happy.

No comments: